These garlic butter baked chicken thighs are amazingly high on flavors and is a perfect celebratory dish for the upcoming holiday season!
Baked chicken thighs are always a winner for me and today I am here with a star recipe of chicken thighs – the garlic butter baked chicken thighs – which will surely blow your mind away thanks to its amazing flavor!
Garlic with butter is already a killer combination and when you add thyme, one of my favorite herbs, to it, the deliciousness goes to a different level altogether.
Butter alone adds fabulous flavor to roast chicken which you might have already seen in my whole roast chicken recipe; to perk up the flavor even more, garlic and thyme come into picture and make these amazing garlic butter baked chicken thighs.
Garlic is my favorite aromatic and I always tend to use more than what I see as recommended in various recipes because for me there is nothing called ‘too much garlic’! Indian curries and other Indian recipes also use lot of garlic as well as ginger which is why my inclination towards garlic has become quite deep-rooted.
I personally feel that chicken always needs some garlic no matter what the recipe is; but when it is specifically garlic butter baked chicken thighs, it has to be something extra special!
Though I have used thyme in my baked chicken thighs simply because thyme is my favorite herb, it is not at all mandatory to use thyme; feel free to use any herb of your choice e.g. rosemary, oregano, basil, parsley or anything you desire, the result will be equally mouth-watering!
Holiday season is just around the corner and I am sure you are looking for special recipes which you can serve to friends and family during a family dinner.
These garlic butter baked chicken thighs will fit to the bill perfectly which you can serve as a centerpiece for everyone to take their share of chicken along with the roasted potatoes which turn absolutely divine upon soaking all the flavorful chicken juices.
These roasted potatoes are the additional bonus which are freakingly addictive; so, make sure to keep enough when you are serving a large crowd. You can easily double or triple up this recipe to cater to your guests.
The prep work in this butter garlic baked chicken thighs is really simple. You can even keep the chicken ready a night ahead with the butter mixture rubbed all over the thighs and let them chill in the refrigerator.
Then you would only need to cut up the potatoes and lemons on the serving day before pushing everything into the oven and let it do the remaining job while you get yourself ready for the party!
Such chicken recipes like these butter garlic baked chicken thighs come in really handy when you want to serve something really delicious to yours guests without sweating all day inside the kitchen; this one will let you rock the party as a diva as well as your guests will go gaga over the great food! That’s a guarantee from me!
- Chicken thighs – 8, skin-on & bone-in
- Butter – 100 gms/1 cup, soften
- Garlic – 10 cloves, minced
- Dried thyme – 1 & ½ tsp (use 1 tbsp if using fresh thyme)
- Potatoes – 5 to 6, medium, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Lemon – 2, large, cut into rounds
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley to garnish
- Wash and pat dry the chicken thighs and lay them on a plate in single layer. Season them with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Take the softened butter in a bowl and add minced garlic, thyme and lemon zest to it. Using a fork mix everything well to make a uniform butter mixture.
- Now rub this butter mixture all over the chicken thighs including under the skin which will ensure that the flavors penetrate deep into the meat.
- Preheat your oven to 220 C / 425 F. While the oven is preheating, arrange the baking dish by first laying down the potato cubes in a single layer. Sprinkle half teaspoon each of salt and pepper all over and drizzle about 2 tablespoons of olive oil on top. Give a quick mix and again arrange in single layer.
- Then place the lemon roundels in gaps between potatoes. Finally place the chicken thighs on top of potatoes in a single layer keeping the skin side up.
- Bake the chicken thighs in preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until the internal temperature of chicken registers at least 160 F in an instant-read thermometer. To crisp up the skin even further, broil the chicken thighs for 1 to 2 minutes until golden.
- Serve the garlic butter baked chicken thighs and baked potatoes and drizzle the flavorful juices on top which have accumulated at the bottom of the pan. Enjoy!