This fudgy chocolate brownie has all the power to lift up your mood and feel good about everything in the world!
This fudgy chocolate brownie recipe should have been shared with you guys earlier. Given the number of times I have made it, it should have been here long back. But for some reason or the other, we could not photograph it well and that’s the only reason for not sharing this immensely popular recipe of fudgy chocolate brownie.
If you are in love with baking, then you must have your own fudgy chocolate brownie recipe. I have this arrived at this fail-proof recipe of mine which I have adapted from various sources on net and finally this version evolved. This fudgy chocolate brownie is very dense with a deep chocolate flavor and a crumbly texture at the top. Even my husband, who is more fond of vanilla sponge cake, could not resist the super-chocolaty sensation of this particular fudgy chocolate brownie. So, I can bluntly declare that this brownie will please everyone – chocolate-lover or not! Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or a dollop of whipped cream and you will win over everyone’s heart!
The long weekend is coming to an end and I am definitely not loving it. This extra day-off allows me to spend stress-free time with my family; otherwise the regular weekends are so full of the household chores. But sometimes I feel that I also enjoy being a workaholic; be it my official work or my blog, I never feel tired enough to give up.
May be this is the key thing that I have inherited from my father who loved being a workaholic and still is till date! I just have a very tiny percentage of his tenacity and capability and hope someday I would be as hard-working as him because I strongly believe there is no short-cut to success other than hard work and honesty towards your ambition.
With that note, while I am treating myself with this absolutely delicious fudgy chocolate brownie, you should also start rewarding yourself for all your achievements, however small you may think that is!
- Semisweet or bittersweet chocolate – 150 gms, chopped
- Unsalted butter – 113 gms (½ cup/1 stick), cut into pieces
- Cocoa powder – 15 gms (2 tbsp)
- Granulated white sugar – 200 gms (1 cup)
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Eggs – 2, large
- All-purpose flour – 95 gms (¾ cup)
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – 125 gms (¾ cup) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) and place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Butter (or spray with a nonstick cooking spray) an 8 inch (20 cm) square pan, and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a large stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder and sugar.
- Next, whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Finally, stir in the flour, salt and chocolate chips (if using).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a little batter and a few moist clumps clinging to it. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature or chilled. These freeze very well.