When you are looking for an option of tasty as well as healthy meal, then nothing other than baked dishes could serve your purpose more perfectly. And guess what? This ginger and garlic baked chicken drumsticks are exactly what you should be looking for! And there is also an added bonus waiting for you – this dish is super easy to make and will just take few minutes of prep work and the rest will be done by your oven!
I used skinless drumsticks in here as getting rid of the skin will straight away reduce the fat content. But if you are okay with that, you can use the drumsticks with skin-on for a more tender texture of the meat. Trust me, you will not want to leave even a tiny bit of this; this is so powerfully delish! I loved the sticky sweet and spicy sauce which is the heart of this dish and just takes minute to prep up!
Ginger Garlic Baked ChickenServes: 4
- Chicken drumsticks - 8
- Ginger – 2 inch piece, peeled and grated
- Garlic – 10 cloves, peeled and mined
- Soy sauce – 3 tbsp
- Oyster sauce – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Sesame oil – 2 tsp
- White pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Paprika powder – 1 tsp
- Chinese five-spice powder – ½ tsp, optional
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the chicken drumsticks and pat dry with paper towel.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the chicken and gently rub them on the chicken.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in a bowl to prepare the marinade. Rub this marinade onto the drumsticks to coat them evenly all over. Keep in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F/190C.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil (this will make the clean-up way too easy) and brush or spray oil over it.
- Line the chicken on the prepared tray making sure not to crowd them too tightly.
- Place it on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the surface turns golden brown and charred.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve warm.