#Worldcup fever is on its top which indispensably has affected our daily routine. We are sleeping way too late since the beginning of this mega event and this will continue till the final game for sure. So I have to adjust my daily schedule according the match schedules however tough it may seem given that our time difference with the host country Brazil is 8 and half hours! But with the building excitement with every match, I can forgive and forget this temporary pain to witness some fantastic plays of our era!
As we enjoy the thrilling moments of the knock-out rounds, I am sharing my final recipe of the cottage cheese series which you can savor while glued to your couch. This is a spicy quick bite perfect for evening snack. This will also be great to serve to a large gathering as you may love to cheer your favorite team with all friends and families. Simply keep the cheese cubes fried before-hand and toss them up in the sauce just before serving. Serve hot and cheers!
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – 200 gms, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- All-purpose flour (Maida) – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1, medium, cut in big chunks
- Green bell pepper – 1, medium, cut lengthwise
- Garlic cloves – 6 to 8, grated (I use little more garlic since I like its flavor, you can reduce to 2 to 3 cloves)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece, grated
- Green chili – 3 to 4, cut lengthwise and deseeded
- Dark soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Green chili sauce – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Mix the cornflour and plain flour in a bowl with half a teaspoon of salt. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of water (not all at a time) to make a smooth paste not too thin. It should be thick enough to coat the paneer cubes lightly.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a deep frying pan. Dip each cheese cubes into the flour batter and lift up to let the excess batter drain out.
- Tip them in the hot oil and fry till they are lightly golden brown. Fry the paneer cubes in batches without crowding too many in the pan at a time.
- Put them on a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil. Set aside.
- Now heat some oil in a pan. Add grated garlic & ginger, green chilies and onions and stir them for a minute.
- Tip in the capsicum and stir fry on medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato ketchup, green chili sauce and soy sauce to the vegetables and mix them well.
- Add half a cup of water and let it boil for about 2 minute. Add salt keeping in mind that all the sauces are already salty; so go easy on salt. You can taste and adjust anytime later.
- Now add the fried paneer cubes to it and cook it for another 2 minutes till the cheese cubes are coated all over with the sauce.
- If you have some spring onion handy, sprinkle the chopped green portions of them to garnish and serve hot. Best enjoyed as a starter or with vegetable fired rice.