These chocolate banana cupcakes are very soft and moist and guilt-free at the same time as it doesn’t have any butter in it; but the rich chocolate icing may give you that guilt-bite!
Hello Friends! It’s a brand-new year with brand-new hopes and dreams! And here I am wishing you all out there a very successful New Year in whatever you aspire to achieve!
But how can I wish without something sweet to offer to you guys! Hence this chocolate banana cupcake is here today!
I had to start my new year with the recipe of this yummilicious chocolate banana cupcake! How can I now! To put is simply, every bite of these chocolate banana cupcakes is better than the previous one.
Moreover, these are so easy to make that you will fall in love with them very easily! Make a big batch of these chocolate banana cupcakes and chill them in refrigerator wrapping them up in cling film.
They will remain good for a week and you can satiate your sudden sweet cravings at midnight with these cute little chocolate banana cupcakes!
Today is the very first day of the New Year and I, for obvious reasons, decided to start with something sweet! Sweet things, like these chocolate banana cupcakes, make sweet memories.
So, my sweet delicacies are not only for the hope of a good year ahead; but also, to recap the sweet memories of the one which has just passed.
While I retrospect my last year, I feel that overall it has been good to me; if not great! There has to be ups and downs without which life is not worth living; but I would have been a happier person if I could have stopped some ‘down’s to happen.
But that’s that! I believe with every passing year, we become stronger (and wiser? I wonder!) to control our lives in a better way than before.
Last year has been quite busy for me and I love being busy. Whenever I am not pressed with some complex analysis, I will be found in the kitchen doing something or the other.
My tiny kitchen attracts me like anything and I can’t resist it. And that’s why my blog is running too even after a hectic 9-to-5 job!
These chocolate banana cupcakes are the result of such idle times of mine when I had nothing else to do and I can’t be thankful enough for that yummy joblessness!
These chocolate banana cupcakes are just so yum that you can’t stop at one. They have a very light and fluffy texture with a soft and moist crumb.
Make sure to use ripe bananas as they have more flavors and make the cupcakes very moist and flavorful.
Also using oil instead of butter makes it easy to store longer. Enjoy these easy-to-make-yet-yummy chocolate banana cupcakes and have a cracking year ahead!
Recipe adapted from Joy of Baking
- Granulated white sugar – 1 cup (200 gms)
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup (130 gms)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – ⅓ cup (35 gms)
- Baking powder – ¾ tsp
- Baking soda – ¾ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Egg – 1, large
- Mashed ripe bananas – ½ cup, about 1 medium sized banana
- Warm water – ½ cup (120 ml)
- Milk – ¼ cup (60 ml)
- Vegetable or any flavorless oil like canola or corn oil – ¼ cup (60 ml)
- Pure vanilla extract – ¾ tsp
- Unsweetened chocolate – 90 gms, coarsely chopped
- Unsalted butter – ½ cup (113 gms), room temperature
- Confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar – 1 cup (120 gms), sifted
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Line 12 regular-sized muffin cups with paper liners or brush some oil into them.
- In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the egg, mashed banana, water, milk, oil and vanilla extract.
- Now make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour over the wet ingredients mixture.
- Mix well using a whisk to make a homogeneous batter. The batter will be quite thin. You won’t need any electric mixer for this.
- Scoop the batter equally into 12 muffin cups using an ice-cream scoop, about ¾th full, and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack before frosting.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Take the butter in a large bowl and beat it using a hand mixer until smooth and creamy for about 1 minute.
- Add the sugar and beat until it is light and fluffy for about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat on low speed until well incorporated.
- Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until frosting is smooth and glossy for about 2 -3 minutes.
- Pipe the frosting on top of the cooled cupcakes making your favorite design.