A unique and fun breakfast recipe from my kitchen to yours! These baked eggs in peppers will surely bring smile to you and your loved one’s face!
Baked eggs in peppers in a fun recipe ideal to serve for breakfast. It’s so easy and quick to make that your busy morning will become relaxing and you can enjoy your most important meal of the day without hurrying in and out of the kitchen. Baked egg itself tastes amazing and when you bake it inside a pepper, you get additional nutrition of the veggie; all in all this is a win-win recipe for everyone in the family.
Breakfast recipes are not common in my blog and I am very much aware of that. A pancake once in a blue moon or a Spanish omelette and sweet French toast once in 6 months do not count. If you had searched for good breakfast recipes here, then I must apologize in case I have disappointed you. I have never given breakfast its due importance and hence scoring so low in number of breakfast recipes in my blog. But I promise to bring in some change to this in the new year!
This recipe of baked eggs in pepper clicked with me not because of the egg but due to the bell peppers. I am a big-time pepper lover and anything with bell pepper becomes 2 times more appetizing to me. Egg is my better half’s favorite; so it’s a perfect complimentary recipe for both of us! No, that doesn’t mean I eat his share of pepper and he eats my share of egg; but we both have something of what we like in this single recipe.
To be honest, this item doesn’t even require a recipe. If you have watched the video, you already know how easy it is, only difficult part being the waiting time while the things are being baked. Baked eggs taste amazing and I regret of not knowing about it early enough; my mom’s Bengali kitchen was only happy to serve boiled or fried egg! But now that I know it I would have to try more variations pretty soon!
I wish our lives would have been as simple as these baked eggs in peppers! But it’s not; but at least our food can be. I agree some recipes are a bit complex; more so if you are not too much into cooking; but I try my best to explain the steps in as simple way as possible. If you still find something difficult, do let me know; I will be more than happy to help!
I not only like to cook and feed people, I also love to let people know how to make a particular dish or how you can do a damage control when a dish doesn’t turned up the way you wanted it to be. Cooking and food styling may be a form of art to some (which I agree with to some extent!); but for me it is nothing but the breath of fresh air. Not only the actual cooking process but also any discussion on food or cooking technique excites me like nothing else and I feel no barrier exists between me and my love for cooking and bringing smile on my loved ones’ faces! Cheers to good food!
- Egg – 2
- Green/red/yellow bell pepper – 1
- Grated cheese of your choice – ¼ cup (I used cheddar)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh greens and chilli flakes to garnish
- Wash and pat dry the pepper. Cut the pepper lengthwise into half. Sprinkle salt and pepper over each piece.
- Place the pepper halves on a baking dish and bake in a preheated oven at 190 C for 15-20 minutes.
- After the pepper is baked, break one egg into each half of the pepper. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste on each egg.
- Divide the grated cheese into two parts and sprinkle each part of cheese on top of each egg.
- Bake the eggs in the preheated oven at 190 C for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are completely set.
- Sprinkle fresh greens (scallions, parsley or coriander) and chilli flakes on top of the baked eggs and serve warm.