Sweet French toast is a delightful option for breakfast when you are looking for wholesome but no-fuss recipe!
I have always had the savory version of the French toast and I learned to make it from my mom. When I saw this recipe of sweet French toast in one of the recipe books of my collection, I found it quite interesting. This somehow seemed to me an innovation on the basic pancake where we are using bread instead of flour.
And I must admit that this innovation is simply mind-blowing! I loved it and am saying it from the bottom of my heart. The maple syrup drizzled over the toasts are just the perfect master strokes!
As I had already mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I always find it challenging when it comes to making a good breakfast – good for me is defined as (nutritious, filling, no-fat, easy-to-make)!
If any one recipe delivers right on each of these parameters, then it will take a permanent place in my food list. I mean my mental food-list; I don’t actually maintain a hard copy of list. Do you?
This sweet French toast is a quick and easy breakfast which you will fall in love with. And for the busy moms with fussy kids, these will be great for your kids too!
- Eggs – 4, beaten
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Fresh cream (single cream) – ⅓ cup
- Ground cinnamon – ½ tsp
- Bread slices – 6, halved (Try to use sweet bread)
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Powdered sugar – 2 tbsp (if not using sweet bread)
- Maple syrup – as per your liking
- Mix together the eggs, vanilla extract, cream, cinnamon powder and sugar (if using). Whip it to make a homogeneous mixture.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Add little butter at a time and swirl around the pan.
- Dip one bread slice at a time into the egg mixture and leave for 2 to 3 seconds. Take out the bread and place them on the hot frying pan.
- Cook the bread for 2 to 3 minutes on each side over low heat until each side is golden.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the French toast and serve hot.