This chicken pad Thai noodles contains the perfect blend of sweet, sour & spicy flavors of Thai cuisine in one single warm bowl.
Chicken pad Thai noodles is quite a popular dish in most of the places. Thai cuisine will be somewhat incomplete if we don’t mention this chicken pad Thai, don’t you think so?
This is a special type of noodles used in Thai cuisine where each noodle strand is flat instead of being round. This specific shape gives a special identification to the classic pad Thai noodles.
Moreover, the chicken pad Thai has a classic stir fry sauce which is made with few unique ingredients making it the finest restaurant style chicken pad Thai ever!
I like Thai food after I discovered it recently and it is giving quite a tough competition to my all-time favorite Chinese cuisine. Thai food is truly special having the ability to please a crowd in your house party or just be your homely comfort food.
This chicken pad Thai is no exception. It will undoubtedly delight everyone creating a restaurant like Thai food experience. The stir fry sauce in this chicken pad Thai has very unique flavor thanks to the combination of classic pad Thai sauce ingredients which are tamarind pulp & fish sauce.
Tamarind pulp gives the right hint of tartness which is balanced by salty fish sauce and everything is rounded up by a good sprinkling of brown sugar and a kick of chili powder.
Thai cuisine can strike the right balance of sweetness, spiciness & tartness and I believe that’s the very reason of Thai food being so popular worldwide.
This classic chicken pad Thai noodles is no exception and it is one of the most ordered Thai dishes in Thai restaurants worldwide!
Pad Thai noodles is a very special type of noodles and it demands special care. Pad Thai is basically rice noodles which is sold packed as dried noodles; they need to be soaked in hot water covering with a kitchen towel for not more than 10 minutes.
Soaking softens the pad Thai noodles and get them ready for stir frying. While fishing them out of the hot water, be very gentle as the noodle strands are quite delicate. Also, make sure not to soak them too long as they may start falling apart.
Like any other stir fry noodles recipe, the chicken pad Thai noodles will also continue cooking in the wok while you would be stir frying them with sauce and other assortments.
My recipe of chicken pad Thai is quite versatile; you can use the same for making other version of pad Thai noodles like shrimp pad Thai or all veggie pad Thai. Chicken being the most handy meat, I went ahead with it.
The aromatics of my stir fried chicken pad Thai are the basics but that’s what create amazing flavors of this classic Thai dish. The final signature check on the chicken pad Thai is crushed peanuts which add a scrumptious crunch to every bite of noodles and I urge you not to miss crushing the freshly toasted peanuts.
You can also serve some peanut sauce as a side with your chicken pad Thai. Peanut sauce is a classic Thai sauce and you can head over to my chicken satay recipe to get a guaranteed fail-proof recipe of the same. Enjoy!
- Rice noodles -200 gms
- Chicken breast – 2
- Egg – 1, lightly beaten
- Onion/shallots – 1, small, finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 to 4 cloves, crushed
- Grated ginger – 2 tsp
- Bean sprouts – 1 cup
- Thai fish sauce – 2 tbsp
- Tamarind paste – 2 tsp
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Peanuts – ½ cup, toasted and roughly chopped
- Vegetable oil – 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- Cook the chicken breasts in heavily salted water for 30 minutes until cooked through. Drain and let them cool. Once cooled, shred the chicken breasts into 1 inch long but thin strips using 2 forks. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large work and let it be smoking hot. Pour the beaten egg and stir around the pan to make scrambled egg. Cook for 1-2 minutes until just cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok. Add the garlic, ginger and onion and cook for 2 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the fish sauce, tamarind paste, sugar and chilli powder and continue to cook. Add a splash of boiling water to loosen things up.
- Add the noodles to the pan along with the bean sprouts and shredded chicken. Stir with two spoons to mix everything with the sauces.
- Next return the scrambled egg to the pan and mix in.
- Divide the delicious chicken pad Thai noodles between serving bowls, scatter with the peanuts & coriander and serve warm. Enjoy!