These super-crispy golden shrimps are an out-an-out winner! Serve golden shrimps at your next house party only to become the party rock-star!
The gorgeous golden shrimps are not only a delight to the eyes but also a delight to the heart for even the most reluctant seafood lover! These cute golden shrimps had stolen my heart long back when I had it on a night out; but could not recreate these at home until and unless I could lay my hands on the most essential magical ingredient to make these babies! Yes, you guessed it right! That magical ingredient is nothing else but Panko breadcrumbs! Guys you have to use nothing else but Panko breadcrumbs if you want real golden shrimps or you must wait till your luck strikes you!
Until then, if you are having serious cravings of seafood, you must try my grilled shrimp with garlic and herb which is another best-seller recipe here @FlavorQuotient! Trust me you won’t regret – neither for waiting for Panko nor for trying this grilled shrimp recipe mentioned above! Both are equally good but just belong to different genre! I wasn’t feeling very well in last couple of days and wanted to eat something which I love the most. What could be better than some scrumptious golden shrimps coated in super crispy panko which is ridiculously easy to make that it hardly needs a recipe! I had to take couple of days off from work to feel better but sitting idle was making me feel sicker; so, you can guess what I did to make myself feel better!
Tried my hands on few new recipes and got really lucky with them. They turned out to be absolutely mind-blowing. These golden shrimps were one of them which was best of the lot for me although my hub’s favorite was the chicken sausage stew with veggies which is coming up next! The warm stew was really good for my feverish body but these golden shrimps were the food for my soul! A new week with new challenges is about to start and I am all geared up for it after a little longer weekend due to the sick leaves with the hope to be stronger and fitter than ever.
This little world of mine, which is full of flavors and zest, keeps me going during the toughest time of life. I meet myself here and can truly be me without inhibitions. I believe this place of solace is the ultimate destination of the journey called life and finding the right one for yourself is the real challenge. Once you are confirmed what you were looking for, you know where you want to reach and that’s the beginning! You set on that path and do not stop until you reach at the peak of it! Sounds philosophical? Never mind! Let’s get on to these cute golden shrimps!
- Shrimps – 300 gms (about 10 to 12)
- All-purpose flour – ½ cup or more as required
- Egg – 1
- Panko breadcrumbs – 1 cup or more as required
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Peel the shrimps keeping the tail intact. Devein, wash and pat them dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the breading station. Place the flour and breadcrumbs in two separate shallow plates. Season the flour and breadcrumbs with little salt. Whisk the egg in a bowl and season with pinch of salt. Place sequentially – flour, egg and panko – this is your breading station.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a deep frying skillet. Take one shrimp at a time, dredge it in the flour and shake off any excess. Then dip it in the egg and finally coat it with panko breadcrumbs all over. Hold the shrimps with its tail during the breading process so that the tail remains clean of any coating.
- Fry the shrimps in hot oil on low-medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until the panko coating turns golden brown. Fry the shrimps in batches, do not overcrowd the skillet as it will bring the oil temperature down and you will not end up with crispy fries.
- Place the fried shrimps on an absorbent paper to soak excess oil. Serve hot and crispy golden shrimps with tartar sauce or sweet chilli sauce.