This super easy chili lime grilled shrimp is the perfect fix for a large gathering and your guests will have another reason for not leaving soon!
Chili lime grilled shrimp could be your best bet for serving your friends and family in your next party and trust me they will simply go nuts over it! The kick of chili with the tanginess of lime is just a match made in heaven and anything grilled with this killer combination has to be killer tasty! But the bonus here are the gorgeous shrimps! Being a shrimp lover myself, I can eat shrimps with whatever you want to grill them with; but for someone who is not-so-fond-of shrimps (though I could hardly believe such species exist!), this can be a table-turner! This chili lime grilled shrimp has all the knock-out ingredients to please everyone’s taste-bud, so be prepared to see those plates get empty in a jiffy!
If you are regular to my blog, you might be wondering if I was living under a rock during last 4 months. Well, I was on a break primarily because of a business trip and secondarily because I was busy with too many things to handle at a time. Got back home couple of weeks back and getting back to usual schedule of blogging. Hope this would help explain my absence of four months and now I will be more regular in sharing amazing recipes like this chili lime grilled shrimp from my repertoire to yours!
My business trip took me to USA and I had a lovely time exploring places which I used to dream about until then. It was New York which blown me away with all its madness and euphoria! I would love to go back there again and again until I would have enough of it which I believe could hardly happen! You really just can’t have enough of NY City! Could you? Anyways, during my trip to America I had my fair portion of shrimps there as I always knew the crazy love of Americans towards shrimps! I wish I had my kitchen with me so I could have created all my shrimp delicacies there too! But nonetheless, I really had a good shrimping time there!
Today’s recipe of chili lime grilled shrimp is from my pre-USA phase but I am equally in love with it as I was before. This is one amazing recipe which will never fail no matter how inexperienced you are in kitchen. You would really need zero cooking skill for churning out this chili lime grilled shrimp and delight yourself on a lazy weekend brunch with some fresh salad on the side. Shrimp salad sounds good to me and that gave me the idea of tossing up some fresh salad leaves with the same chili lime dressing next time I make this addictive chili lime grilled shrimp!
- Shrimps – 500 gms, about 15 medium sized shrimps
- Lime juice – 2 tbsp
- Lime zest – 1 tbsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Minced garlic – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Italian seasoning – 1 tbsp
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash, peel and devein the shrimps keeping the tail end intact for better visual appeal. Drain all the water and make the shrimps as dry as possible.
- In a bowl, add lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, minced garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Whisk thoroughly to mix all the ingredients evenly.
- Drop the shrimps into the marinade and mix well to coat each shrimp evenly with the dressing. Refrigerate them for 30 minutes.
- Soak some bamboo skewers in water to prevent them from burning. Skewer the marinated shrimps into the bamboo skewers keeping 2 shrimps in each stick.
- Heat a grill pan until smoking hot. Brush some olive oil on the grates.
- Place the skewered shrimps on the hot grill pan and grill them for 2 minutes each side. Don’t keep them on hot grills for any longer as that would make the shrimps tough. Brush the shrimps with left over marinate during grilling to give them extra flavor.
- Serve the hot chili lime grilled shrimp with fresh salad on the side. Enjoy!