This creamy creamy linguine with shrimps in lemon-wine sauce will make you a crazy pasta addict! Enjoy this creamy shrimp linguine pasta with your favorite wine!
Valentines weekend is just gone and we are still enjoying the sparkles of love in the air! Yes, love is forever and can’t be defined or confined within the length and breadth of a single day; but there is just no harm in dedicating a special day to simply celebrate love!
Although I hate the commercialization of Valentines’ Day and chose not to be a part of it; I am always for love because this is one thing I can’t live without and I am sure none of us can!
If you are wondering what special I made for this Valentines’ Day – a decadent chocolate mousse or a heart shaped chocolate cake – then I am really sorry to disappoint you! This time I couldn’t get time out to prepare those; although I would have loved to!
But nevertheless, I made something really delish and that is nothing but this creamy linguine with shrimps – a very homely yet special dinner which cooks up in no time but hoards loads of flavors; hence allowing us to relax and enjoy some quality ‘we’ time!
If you already know me you might be aware that I am an established seafood lover (shrimp lover to be specific!) and because shrimps cook way too quickly without much complications, there could not be anything better to choose for a quick Valentines’ meal!
And this creamy linguine with shrimps cooked in a gorgeous lemon-wine sauce comes together in no time. All in all, this is a win-win recipe from every aspect.
I always love the idea of having a cozy meal with all my loved ones and enjoy the great food over fun family conversation reminiscing the treasured memories! How could you even imagine to have some sane talk inside those overly crowded restaurants and pubs!
For us the home-cooked creamy pasta with shrimps speak more of Valentines’ moments than anything else! I am sure you too are gonna love this recipe of linguine with shrimps – be it a Valentine dinner or not – this is an absolute winner!
If you don’t consume alcohol and thinking of substitution of white wine, you can do so with vegetable stock. But white wine adds an amazing depth of flavor to the sauce and I assure you most of the alcohol content will just evaporate during the cooking process.
You will only get high due to the deliciousness of the final dish!
I love adding wine to pastas and I recommend to choose a dry wine so that your pasta doesn’t end up being too sweet. Also, do taste the wine before adding it to your pasta; if it tastes good for your liking, go ahead and add it to your pasta, if not then try another brand.
If you are fond of winy pastas like me, you may also want to check out my Shrimp Scampi with Capellini recipe which is another version of the lemon-wine sauce minus the cream with additional kick of heat through red pepper flakes!
That shrimp scampi is also a classic and a very well-loved recipe of my readers. These two recipes are really close competitors of each other and I am still not sure who won! Why don’t you try both and come back with your winner?
- Cook the linguine pasta in a large saucepan of heavily salted boiling water according to the packet instructions. Reserve a cup of the cooking water and drain the pasta.
- Heat half a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and once hot add the shrimps. Cook them until both sides turn pink, about a minute on each side. Take them out and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and gently fry the garlic for 2 mins. Add wine and let it bubble over high heat for 1 min, then lower the heat and stir in the heavy cream and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Simmer the sauce for 1 min to reduce a little, then add the shrimps and stir well to get each one coated.
- Next add the drained pasta into the sauce and use tongs to mix everything together. Divide the delicious creamy linguine with shrimps between 2 bowls and sprinkle with the chopped chives. Enjoy with your favorite wine!