This bang bang chicken pasta is childishly easy to make but substantially high on taste! The addictive bang bang sauce gives an ultimate make-over to the humble chicken pasta.
Bang bang chicken pasta is the easiest and tastiest pasta you can ever possibly imagine which requires just next-to-nothing effort. I had shared my baked bang bang shrimp recipe a while back and it was very well-received and I am sure the magic is all about the bang bang sauce! This bang bang chicken pasta is so good all because of that addictive sauce which is creamy and spicy at the same time and unbelievably easy to make. Just a few whisk and it’s done!
I never thought that Bang Bang sauce will make such a great tasting chicken pasta, but thanks to this wonderful blog, I got this idea and fell in love with it instantly. I was sure it would be amazing but still was delightfully surprised when I took the first bite – the creamy and spicy sauce enigmatically coats each strand of spaghetti and creates an unbelievably joyful experience inside your mouth – the spicy kick of sriracha on top of the sweet chili sauce is beyond any explanation!
I don’t know where the name Bang bang chicken pasta originated from but the name itself has something exquisite about it! Don’t you feel the same? It’s like that obvious thing which can be ignored or overlooked as if the dish is announcing its arrival and everyone has to pay a bit of extra attention to this almighty! Well, few dishes, like this bang bang chicken pasta, can take on the audacity of being not-so-humble because of their goodness. Had it not been this good, the bang bang chicken pasta must have been buried somewhere and could not have made its way to thousands of miles away in India and become one of the favorite pasta dishes ever in an Indian household!
This bang bang chicken pasta is all about the bang bang sauce – I know I am repeating myself but I can’t stress enough on the deliciousness of this simple sauce. There is no cooking, no chopping involved, yet it’s magical in taste. Plus, since you are making it at home, you can adjust the taste as per your liking – if you like it hot, add more sriracha, else if you like it sweet, add more sweet chili sauce – and with this mix-n-match, you will eventually arrive at the ultimate combination which suits best to your taste buds. This bang bang sauce is definitely one thing which you need in your repertoire, not only for this bang bang chicken pasta but also for dipping those crispy fried golden shrimps which I had share not so long ago! Dig in!
- Chicken breast – 1, boneless & skinless, cut into small bite-sized cubes
- Spaghetti – 200 gms
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Garlic powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mayonnaise – ½ cup
- Thai sweet chili sauce – ¼ cup
- Sriracha sauce – 2 tbsp
- Honey – ½ tbsp.
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions in heavily salted boiling water until al-dente. Drain and set aside. Save a cup of pasta boiling water.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients listed under Bang Bang sauce. Whisk them well to make a homogeneous sauce. Set the bang bang sauce aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken cubes to it and saute them for 2 minutes. Then sprinkle the garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Keep cooking the chicken cubes until completely cooked through and golden brown on all sides – about 10 to 12 minutes. Then take them out and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the same skillet. Once the oil is hot, add the cooked spaghetti and toss them to coat with oil.
- Then pour ¾ of the prepared bang bang sauce and toss with a tong to coat each strand with the sauce.
- Tip in the cooked chicken cubes and toss them with the pasta.
- Serve the bang bang chicken pasta and drizzle remaining sauce on top. Enjoy!