This cheesy chicken pasta has become one of my favorite pasta dishes thanks to velvety texture of tagliatelle! Broccoli adds in extra crunch which is simply lovely!
Cheesy chicken pasta in white sauce is a classic Italian pasta recipe and you simply can’t go wrong with it. But in today’s recipe of my cheesy chicken pasta, I have skipped the white sauce and created the most cheesiest version of pasta with chicken and broccoli! If you have had enough of white sauce pasta already, then give this slight variation a try – this cheesy chicken pasta will delight you equally and I bet you won’t miss your white sauce! We are being drawn to pasta these days – thanks to my dear husband. We, the typical rice-roti-eating-Indian, are being captured by the deliciousness of a cheesy chicken pasta with the crunch of broccoli! Plus, this cheesy chicken pasta is just the ideal thing for that hectic weeknight dinner as it is done straight under 30 minutes!
I had bought a packet of tagliatelle a couple of weeks back. We were trying tagliatelle for the very first time and simply I loved it! I was under the impression that all pasta tastes same, but even though all pastas are made of same ingredients, each one has different level of potential to soak up the flavors; and if I come to think of it, I feel this is why we have classics like mac & cheese and spaghetti with meats balls etc. Even though I am not an Italian, I believe that’s the case and that’s why some pasta shapes are preferred over other for particular recipes. However, you can make this cheesy chicken pasta with any pasta whatsoever! It will always turn out yum without fail! This cheesy chicken pasta with broccoli, chicken and cheese mixed with herbs created an amazing amalgamation of flavors which you will keep on repeating on your dinner table! Happy cooking!
- Tagliatelle or any other pasta you like – 150 gms
- Broccoli – 1 small head
- Chicken breast – 1 or 2 [If you like more chicken in your dish]
- Grated cheese – 1 cup or more
- Olive oil – 4 tbsp
- Thyme (dried) – ½ tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Boil water in a deep pan and cook the pasta exactly as per the pack instructions. Do remember to add salt in the boiling water; otherwise no pasta will taste good. Follow the timing mentioned in the pack to cook the pasta till al-dente, which means firm to bite but cooked through.
- Once the pasta is cooked, you have to drain it – well, obviously. But the reason I am mentioning it is because you need to reserve some of the pasta boiling water. You will surely need them later.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets. Sprinkle little salt over it and stir-fry them in half tablespoon of olive oil. Keep them aside.
- Wash the chicken breast, get rid of any visible fat and season with salt. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil until very hot. Sauté the chicken breast, 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Tip it out on a tissue to soak any excess oil. Now cut it diagonally into thin strips. Keep aside.
- Now heat the olive oil on a wok. Add the drained pasta and stir well.
- At this point, the pasta may start to become sticky. This is where you need that pasta water to get rid of this stickiness. Add that pasta water little by little as required and keep stirring.
- Now add the sautéed broccoli, chicken strips, dried thyme and salt. Mix well.
- Add the grated cheese and stir till the cheese melts and coat all the ingredients. Stir till all the visible liquid evaporates but the pasta is still not sticky.
- Turn off the flame and sprinkle some more grated cheese. Serve your delicious cheesy chicken pasta warm with a glass of your favorite wine! Enjoy!