These grilled mushrooms are so delicious that you won’t be able to believe it can be turned out so fast! Finally, all good things do not take too much time to materialize!
Today’s grilled mushrooms will seriously give tough competition to all my meaty grills and despite being vegetarian it has high potential to top my list of favorites! I have tried various versions of grilled mushrooms at different restaurants but each of them had one problem or the other. Either they were not grilled enough to my liking or the flavors were not up to the mark. So, I didn’t build high hopes from grilled mushrooms.
Then I finally stumbled upon this recipe here and it immediately caught my attention. These grilled mushrooms have the right amount of smokiness thanks to the awesome blend of marinade. The miracle ingredient which make these grilled mushrooms so good is a pantry basic and most probably you already have it handy. It’s nothing but the very useful balsamic vinegar! The sweetness in the balsamic vinegar adds the incredible charring around the edges of the mushrooms making it nothing but superbly addictive!
Mushroom is that particular vegetarian thing which I can chose over non-vegetarian options. It has been my favorite since a long time and I am always on the lookout for new recipes to make with these cute little wonders. Mushrooms are so versatile that it makes great curries with flavorful Indian spices and at the same time it makes for amazing sides when simply sautéed with Mediterranean herbs. You can take your pick from my delectable mushroom masala or curried mushrooms which I am sure will sizzle your taste bud; or enjoy your mashed potato with these delightful garlic and rosemary sautéed mushrooms!
Today’s recipe of grilled mushrooms is a new star on the block and you will be a fan instantaneously! You see how beautifully glossy and charred the mushrooms are! If you are a vegetarian, I am sure you have already planned to make it asap. In case you are a carnivorous who loves their meat as much as we do and being skeptical about this vegetarian grill, I urge you to hold your though right there! Don’t give a second thought and try it soon as soon as you can, else you are definitely gonna regret!
With this recipe of grilled mushrooms, we are posting our 10th video recipe! That’s an accomplishment! Because even couple of months back we didn’t even imagine that we could successfully pull off so many videos in our tiny kitchen! Now we have already shared 10 and few are already in the queue! I am loving this! Although most of the video editing is done by my hub (he is the creative one of the pair!), the whole process of recording the footage, then watching its transformation from raw video to the final format is utter fun!
But a new problem has evolved with this whole recipe video thingy! Take a guess!
The problem is now I want all my recipes to be recorded as a video! That sounds fun, right? Of course it is, but that requires more time & effort to get a recipe published. But I believe when you love doing something, the difficulties feel less like an issue and more of a challenging fun. This is the kind of fun which I want to retain in my life till the end because as you might already know this is what I love doing best! Yes, I meant cooking!
- Button mushrooms – 400 gms
- Olive oil – ¼ cup
- Fresh parsley – ¼ cup,
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Pepper – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Paprika – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Balsamic vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – ¼ cup (or 2 tbsp of White vinegar)
- Wipe clean the button mushrooms. Cut the mushrooms into half. If you have very small mushrooms, you can keep them whole. Cutting the mushrooms into half will ensure better smokiness around the edges.
- Take all the other ingredients – olive oil, fresh parsley, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic paste, paprika, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice (or white vinegar) – in a blender and blend to make a smooth marinade.
- Transfer the marinade into a large bowl and drop in all the cut mushrooms. Mix them well making sure all the mushroom pieces are coated all over with the flavorful marinade. Leave the mushrooms for 30 minutes to let the mushrooms soak up all the flavors.
- Preheat your oven to 180 C / 350 F and set the wire rack at the top most level. Once the oven is preheated, set it in the broiler mode and broil the mushrooms for 10 minutes. Then flip them over, drain any excess water which the mushrooms might have oozed out and broil the other side for another 10 minutes.
- Serve the spicy grilled mushrooms with your favorite sauce! Enjoy!