The super easy and quick garlic and rosemary sautéed mushrooms are my favorite quick-bites when I am busy storming up the kitchen!
I would like to welcome you to the beginning of a new phase of my blog!
I was away for a bit but for a good reason! This blog has become a very important part of my (actually ‘our’) life and we decided to take it to the next level.
After 2 years of hosting our blog in Blogger, we decided to make a move. No, we did not have any complain with blogger, but we just wanted to get a bit more professional!
I explore at least 10 different food blogs every day and at least ninety percent of them are masterpiece in itself. While going through them, I realize how tough the competition is and I can’t describe how much I love them! These blogs not only make me happy but also give me huge amount of inspiration.
So what’s so big deal about this next level? The next level is nothing but having a self-hosted blog with a bit of professional touch. This essentially means that we have invested for our own server and domain name (which I already had).
But money was not of course the only thing we invested. We had to invest a lot more of our time and effort to get our site up and running within as less time as possible.
These past 3 weeks have been terrible. We were hardly sleeping because we could only work during the night for our blog as day time had already been dedicated to our job. This journey was painful but surely exciting! That feeling of creating something which we love so much is beyond any explanation. We might have missed a lot of our meals and sleep but have gained a lot of satisfaction at the end when we are ready with our new space!
I will be waiting for you to give us your feedback on how you like our new look! Please spare a few moments for us and I will be grateful to you!
Notes: You may wonder why I have suddenly changed the narration from ‘I’ to ‘We’. That’s simply because this blog is not only mine anymore! This belongs to us – the team of the duo – me and my husband! I hardly had any idea on how to set up a self–hosted blog; it’s because of him that we have finally reached our destination!
This is quite a big milestone for us to achieve and I wanted to share our joy with you! But how can I end without sharing any recipe! For today I have selected a very very easy one which doesn’t even require a lot of cooking.
Being mushroom lovers, this is quite a frequent one in our home. how you will like it too!
- Button mushrooms – 250 gms
- Garlic – 8 to 10 cloves, crushed and minced
- Fresh rosemary – ¼ cup, loosely packed
- Unsalted butter – 2 tsp
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp kitchen towel. I do not wash mushrooms in water since they tend to absorb too much water due to their spongy texture. Clean each mushrooms with a damp tissue of kitchen towel to get rid of all dirt.
- Cut the cleaned mushrooms into halves. If the mushrooms are too big, you can quarter them as well.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan.
- When the butter melts, add the chopped mushrooms and saute on low flame till they turn golden brown which will take approximately 10 minutes or so. Do not add salt at this stage since it will make the mushrooms lose all water making them soggy.
- Next add the minced garlic and keep stirring for 5 minutes.
- When the mushrooms are almost done, add the fresh rosemary and salt. Mix well.
- Stir-fry for another 5 minutes till the mushrooms are all cooked through.
- Serve hot as a quick snack or appetizer.