The most popular chicken spaghetti with white sauce is charmingly easy and a pure pleasure to cook at home!
Yeah! Finally I own my very first smart phone after a long wait! Got it yesterday and honestly I am extremely happy.
Any electronic gadget gives me immense pleasure and a high-end mobile would definitely be in the ‘Top 5’ list. Some of you may wonder why it is not the topper; that’s because the kind of weird I am, I get more pleasure when I buy any kitchen gadget – be it a simple chopper or a high-end food processor.
But anyways, I am still very happy with my new object of desire and am spending lot more time on it than my blog. That’s the mere reason for not posting anything yesterday.
But without any further delay, let me take you to this pasta dish which I had made for our Friday dinner. This is usual pasta made delightfully tasty with the addition of the creamy white sauce. I added broccoli along with chicken because we love that combination. You can do your bit of experiment and create your own signature dish!
If you want to go for a all-veggie pasta and cut down on the calorie, then my Pasta Peperonata recipe would be ideal for you.
- Spaghetti – 200 gms
- Boneless chicken cubes – 200 gms
- Broccoli – 18 to 20 florets
- Olive oil – 6 tbsp
- Parmesan cheese – 4 tbsp, grated
- Salt to taste
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Refined flour (maida) – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 2 cups
- White pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan and add the butter.
- When the butter melts, add the refined flour and cook for 4-5 minutes and low heat otherwise the flour will burn. Keep stirring continuously so that no lump is created.
- Now add the milk and bring to boil on medium heat while stirring continuously. As soon as it starts to boil, lower the heat to minimum and keep stirring.
- Add the pepper powder and salt.
- Do remember to keep stirring the sauce; otherwise lumps will be created spoiling the whole sauce.
- When it thickens, remove from heat and keep aside. Do keep in mind that the sauce will thicken more as it cools downs.
- Boil a lot of water in a deep pan. Add a teaspoon of salt. Add the spaghetti and cook them for exactly the same time as mentioned in the pasta pack.
- When done, take out the spaghetti from water and drain in a colander. Reserve the pasta water as it will be needed later.
- Cut the boneless chicken cubes into strips and smear with salt. Mix well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a deep pan. Tip in the chicken strips fry till brown. Tip out and keep aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil and sauté the broccoli florets. Sprinkle some salt. Keep aside when done.
- If there is no oil left in the pan, add two more tablespoon of oil. Add the drained spaghetti.
- Spaghetti would have become dry and sticky. Add the pasta water little by little as required. This will moisten the spaghetti again and will be easier to stir.
- Add the fried chicken and broccoli. Mix well.
- Now spread the white sauce spoon by spoon and mix well till everything is coated with the sauce. [You may NOT need all of the white sauce. You can preserve any left-over sauce in the fridge for 1 or 2 days.]
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Serve on a plate and sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese on top.