Quick and easy parmesan baked zucchini is the ultimate quick-bite to enjoy a relaxing time with friends & family without worrying much of a complicated recipe!
This parmesan baked zucchini is simply an amazing snack which is super easy to make and comes out quickly thanks to the oven! This baked zucchini can be served as a great after-school snack or as a quick bite during your work breaks.
With the overload of zucchini is summer, there is no reason for not making this super-addictive parmesan baked zucchini! Zucchini is not a very popular vegetable in Indian households but I strongly believe it should be.
I do not remember my mom making zucchini in my childhood. But I love this green goodness and I really wish it gets a permanent place in all Indian kitchens. With that hope, I have brought this super easy and super quick parmesan baked zucchini recipe today.
Recipes like these have become my best friend now as baking is my favorite form of cooking these days and I look for every possibility of using this technique.
This baked zucchini is such a fun recipe that you will love to make it with whole family. Cut the zucchini, mix them with few things and shut them in the oven for just few minutes and BAM! You are done! Can things get easier than this?
This parmesan baked zucchini was on my to-do list for a long time and finally the right time arrived for this to materialize. These zucchini sticks not only look so stunning, but also turn out to be super tasty!
The crispy Parmesan-Panko coating over the soft zucchini is a match made in heaven. I recommend you to make a big batch to satisfy everyone’s craving!
After the Parmesan baked potatoes this parmesan baked zucchini are my second choice for a quick bite which can be an ideal leisure food on a lazy evening.
Just grab your favorite book and settle yourself in the couch with a plate full of these baked goodies and you are sorted for a wonderful quality time with yourself! My love for good food has made me discover uncountable delicious recipes and I can’t be more thankful for that.
Being brought up on traditional Indian food, my body and soul do crave for Indian food, but my explorer foodie mind is always on the lookout for something new and exciting. This parmesan baked zucchini is a real example of discovering something superbly delish.
Baked zucchini is a very common recipe over the internet and you will see different versions of this, some with egg and some without. I like using egg as I feel it adds an extra edge to any food.
You can use only egg white for the breading purpose in your baked zucchini. Only thing you need to keep in mind is that the zucchini needs to be baked/grilled at a high temperature so that it is cooked quickly.
If you use lower temperature, the cooking process will be slow leading to release of moisture from the zucchini sticks making them soggy instead of crispy.
That’s all there is to it and without a doubt this parmesan baked zucchini is gonna emerge as a winner as there is no way it would fail to impress you or your friends & family! Happy baking!
- Zucchini – 2, large
- Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) – 1 & ½ cups
- Grated Parmesan – ¾ cup
- Italian seasoning – 2 tsp
- Paprika – ½ tsp
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Egg – 1
- Nonstick cooking spray or oil
- Preheat oven to 220 C / 425 F and place the wire racks at lower rack. Lightly coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray or oil.
- Half the zucchini crosswise and then cut into ½ inch wedges.
- In a large shallow dish, mix together panko, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, paprika, ¾ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a medium bowl. [You can use only egg whites in this recipe and reserve the yolks for another use. If using only egg white, use 2 eggs.]
- Take one zucchini wedge at a time and dip it first in egg, then place on breadcrumb mixture and press to coat all over. Arrange the breaded zucchini wedges on the prepared baking sheets in a single layer.
- Bake them until the coating is golden brown and crisp for about 20 minutes for each baking sheet. Season to taste with salt & pepper and serve your parmesan baked zucchini immediately with a spicy mayo.