Quick and easy egg muffins are the best and tastiest option for breakfast on-the-go!
When I first discovered the egg muffins recipe while watching a Youtube video, I fell for it immediately! I mean it looks so amazing that who wouldn’t fall it!
I am already a big fan of Italian frittata and Spanish omelet; so I was sure these egg muffins are also gonna be a blockbuster in our home! And I was so right!
These cute little breakfast egg muffins look like some special gifts for special people. And if I am being so excited for them, imagine how fun these egg muffins would be for kids!
If you are with me for some time now, you might be knowing that I am always out of options when it comes to breakfast. I hate lengthy and complicated recipes for breakfast. My body-engine is only half awake and performing at less than 50 percent efficiency in the morning; so I need something energizing which can be made pretty quick. Plus it has to be filling.
Hence these egg muffins are perfect saviors for me! Additional advantage of these egg muffins is, if you have a little more time to indulge, you can add some deseeded and chopped tomatoes or red bell peppers to it, or even some cooked and chopped sausages. There are actually endless options to customize these savory egg muffins to your liking.
My days are filled with meetings and complicated analysis, so I am always looking for simple things in the morning which could also compliment my refreshing morning tea. Complex things are for our dinner or weekends!
These egg muffins are perfect example of what I desire. It’s quick, easy and tasty till the last bite. All I need to do is whisk some eggs, grate some cheese to it and add some wilted spinach; your oven will do the rest of the cooking. How cool is that! And if you are really pressed for time, grab your egg muffins and get going!
- Eggs – 6
- Garlic clove – 1, grated [Or ¼ tsp garlic paste]
- Fresh spinach leaves – 8 to 10
- Grated cheddar cheese – ⅓ cup
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree C (350 F) for 10 minutes.
- Spray 6 muffin cups with non-stick spray or brush some oil.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a frying pan and add the grated ginger.
- Chop the spinach roughly and add it to the hot oil. Let them wilt for a minute. Take out from the pan and let them cool.
- In a large bowl, break the eggs. Add the milk and grated cheese. Mix well.
- One the spinach is cooled down, add it to the egg mixture; season well with salt and pepper and mix well. [It’s important to cool down the spinach before adding it to the egg; else the eggs will start to cook.]
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin cups by dividing them equally into each.
- Bake the egg muffins for 25 to 30 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through. To check if the muffins are cooked properly or not, check the center of the muffin; it should look firm. If it feels wet and gooey, it would need a little more time.
- One done, let them cool in the muffin pan for 15 minutes. Then run a knife around the edges of the muffins and take them out.
- Serve immediately with mayo or salsa.
Healthy and comforting
Thanks Vani! I am glad you liked it! 🙂