This one pot chicken couscous became my savior on many hectic days with zero compromise on flavor and taste!
I am back with a one pot wonder this time which will be any chicken-lover’s dream! I am talking about my yummilicious one pot chicken couscous! This has been an amazing discovery and we can’t get enough of this delicacy called one pot chicken couscous.
Couscous is a completely new thing for us and thanks to our blog, we got to know about it while researching about various cuisines across globe. When I finally decided to make it, what could have been better than this one pot chicken couscous!
We are undisputed chicken lovers and anything with chicken is already a winner for us. A quick and easy chicken fried rice or chicken noodles already had our heart and now this one pot chicken couscous is added to our list of favorites.
This is so good by itself that you won’t need anything else whatsoever to relish it. May be a nice drizzle of hot sauce to spice things up a bit but that’s completely optional.
This week was quite hectic! But thankfully it was a short one as we had our Independence Day holiday on 15th Aug. A short week is always good, don’t you think so?
There are so many things you can do on this extra day outside your regular weekend plans and it becomes even better when this extra ‘day-off’ falls on a Friday!
This is a great time to go for a weekend trip and rejuvenate your senses. We too would have loved to do so this time around; but we could not plan anything due to some other engagements.
For that very reason, I wanted to compensate our miss by cooking something extra-special over the weekend; at the same time wanted to have enough time to relax and unwind myself.
This recipe of one pot chicken couscous fits the bill perfectly as it is really something special and still you don’t need to break your back in kitchen!
This one pot chicken couscous recipe is also perfect for a weeknight meal [and that too a hectic week!] – quick & easy and quite delicious! I hope you guys are also as much in love with couscous as we are.
These fluffy grains absorb the flavors beautifully and this one pot chicken couscous is sure to make a mark in your family too!
I love this type of dish which saves a lot of time and effort; yet delivers something immensely flavorful! This one pot chicken couscous came as a savior during my crazily scheduled week and helped me have a relaxing time in kitchen.
This is what I think smart cooking is – that I am happy cooking it and my family is happy eating it!
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1, thinly sliced
- Chicken breasts – 200 gms, diced
- Fresh root ginger – 2 inch piece
- Harissa paste – 2 tbsp, plus extra to serve
- Couscous – 200 gms
- Hot chicken stock/water – 200 ml
- Handful coriander, chopped, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion for 1-2 minutes just until softened.
- Add the chicken and fry for 7-10 minutes until cooked through and the onions have turned golden.
- Grate over the ginger, stir through the Harissa paste to coat everything and cook for 1 minute more.
- Tip in the couscous, then pour over the stock and stir once.
- Cover with a lid or tightly cover the pan with foil and leave for about 5 minutes until the couscous has soaked up all the stock and is soft.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and scatter over the coriander to serve. Serve with extra Harissa, if you like.
I love soy sauce says
I am SO going to try this recipe tonight! Thank you so much for your addition to the Food Gawker family of recipes. Cheers!