The all-time favorite comfort food, this stir fried chicken noodles is most probably the most ordered take-out item across globe, but it’s equally easy to make at home and more flavorful too!
If you already know me, you must be knowing that I haven’t got over stir fried chicken noodles yet and would never will for sure!
Me and stir fried chicken noodles are best friends since a really long time and our bond is too strong to be broken so easily.
I already have many recipes of stir fried noodles, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian, up here in my blog with various tweaks here & there and all are my favorites.
I love to celebrate my love towards stir fried chicken noodles frequently; so this recipe is quite a regular on our dinner table.
Today’s stir fried chicken noodles has something new which I learned recently and wanted to see if it makes my beloved noodles any better.
Well it did and very much so! That’s why I also did make a video to share with you guys how you can make such amazing stir fried chicken noodles at home without much of a fuss!
You just need very few ingredients and about 30 minutes of time, all parts will come together beautifully and let you forget the take-out option!
My earlier recipe of stir fried chicken noodles with mushrooms were very well loved by my readers and I thank you all for such warmth.
Today I decided to skip the mushrooms as we just had that amazing grilled mushrooms on skewers few days back. So, to fill in the gap of mushrooms, I added some colorful veggies.
My favorite combination of veggies for noodles are carrot and broccoli which has amazing color contrast. If you ask me if having contrasting colors is important in food, I would definitely say ‘Yes!’.
Because that not only has a visual impact but also lifts up our appetite as well as our mind and we end up with a happy meal.
Today’s stir fried chicken noodles is pretty simple and does not involve too much chopping or pre-preparation.
And the sauce to season our stir fried chicken noodles is also very much straight-forward as I wanted a less-complicated recipe to share.
Of course, I will come up with more versions of this stir fried chicken noodles in near future with some variations, but for today I am sure you will love the simplicity of this delicious noodles as much as we did!
Stir fried recipes are always winners for us. Be it stir-fried veggies served on top of some white rice with a drizzle of an amazing combination of sauce or stir fried broccoli with shrimps or chicken, each of these are regular part of our meals.
They come together so quick making for a wholesome meal that it has to be your best friend on a busy weeknight! Expertizing the skill of stir frying is actually quite easy but may require some practice because you would need to move things very fast.
Stir frying requires very high heat which helps cook ingredients quickly but at the same time retain their crunch. Sometimes high heat may risk your ingredients get burned which is why I tried this technique of quick steaming this time and it made stir frying even more easier.
Check out the video below for a real demo and enjoy this wonderful stir fried chicken noodles with your friends and family!
- Egg noodles – 250 gms
- Chicken thighs – 300 gms, boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Black pepper – ¼ tsp
- Corn flour – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Water – 2 tsp
- Vegetable oil – 4 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 inch piece, very finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 full head or about 20 small cloves, very finely chopped
- Broccoli floret – 2 cups
- Carrot – 1 cup, julienned
- Take the chicken pieces in a bowl and add all the ingredients listed under marinade. Give a good mix and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Take the egg noodles in a large bowl and pour boiling water on it. Cover and let the noodles soak in the boiling water until half cooked, about 10-15 minutes. Then drain it in a colander and drizzle couple of tablespoons of oil on top. Set aside.
- Heat wok to very high heat to cook the chicken. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and let it smoke. Then add half of the minced garlic and half of the minced ginger. Saute for few seconds.
- Then add the marinated chicken along with all the liquid. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes until they start to turn golden.
- Now add about ¼ cup of water around the chicken and quick cover it with a lid to trap in all the flavors inside. Let the chicken cook for 6 to 8 minutes on low heat. Once the chicken pieces are cooked through, take them out of the wok and set aside in a bowl.
- Wipe clean the wok and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Let it smoke and then add the remaining minced ginger and garlic. Saute for few seconds.
- Then goes in the julienned carrots and broccoli florets. Stir fry them for 2 to 3 minutes on high flame.
- Now add ¼ cup of water around the veggies and again quickly cover the wok with a lid to let the veggies cook under steam and get infused with all the good flavors. This would take about 6 to 8 minutes on medium flame.
- Once the veggies are cooked, return the cooked chicken pieces and stir to mix well. Then add the cooked egg noodles and stir fry using 2 wooden spoons.
- Season the noodles with 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce (use 1 tablespoon if using dark soy), 1 teaspoon of salt (or more as per your taste) and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Mix everything well to get the seasoning distributed all over.
- Your stir fry chicken noodles is ready to serve. Enjoy!
Liked the recipe? Let us know!