Yumminess redefined! These loaded breakfast egg muffins are the best answer to all the breakfast skippers like me! No more excuses!
I promised you that I will bring you more breakfast recipes as I am on a mission of ‘no-breakfast-skip’ myself. After the super popular baked eggs in pepper, today I bring you another fantastic breakfast recipe – loaded breakfast egg muffins! These breakfast egg muffins are actually loaded in true sense and you will agree with me once you go through the entire recipe. I loved myself a little more after making these beautiful egg muffins which not only looked stunning but tasted equally mind-blowing!
There is no way one could ever skip her/his breakfast once she/he tastes this wonderfully loaded egg muffins! You are bound to get hooked to these. That’s the very reason that egg muffins are all over the internet and rightly termed as the best breakfast on-the-go. You will find various versions of egg muffins with a personal touch from the creator in each of the recipes. I believe adding a personalization is the best thing we can do to a recipe which we pick up from internet to make it our own. After few quick browses, I crafted my kind of loaded breakfast egg muffins and couldn’t be happier about it!
Now why am I calling these egg muffins loaded! These egg muffins are loaded with all possible good things and nothing else could have made them better! I can really vouch for these muffins and once you try these, you will be grateful to me for ever! Now what all are my good things!
Sausage! Yay! Broccoli! Yay!
Not fond of broccoli? Trust me you won’t even feel the presence of broccoli there but they will add additional shots of nutrition enhancing the ‘load’ quotient. I myself love broccoli, so it’s definitely a ‘YAY!’ for me! I am all for that extra crunch and greenery added by this superfood veggie! My loaded egg muffins also have a sprinkling of fresh basil leaves and some chopped onion. So, you see the endless reasons for calling these beauties ‘loaded’?
As you might have already realized, this recipe of breakfast egg muffins is more of a guideline than a recipe. There could be no particular recipe for this breakfast wonder and you have endless possibilities at your disposal to create your own signature breakfast egg muffins. Add any of your favorite veggie, herb or cooked meat for the protein kick. Bell pepper of any color is a common choice and adds bright sparks of colors to lift up your mood. Sausages can be well substituted with ham and you can choose your favorite herb like parsley or rosemary instead of basil. You see, there can be unlimited varieties of egg muffins each being equally delicious!
With this amazing breakfast, I would also like to share with you all that our blog touched another milestone today and this is a real moment of joy for us. With this recipe of loaded egg muffins, we are adding 300th recipe to our blog repertoire and nothing can be more pleasurable than this! Keep visiting us as you always do and we promise to delight you with more lip-smacking delicacies!
- Egg – 4
- Broccoli florets – 1 cup, steamed
- Cooked sausage – 1 cup, chopped
- Finely chopped onion – ½ cup (about 1 medium onion)
- Milk – ½ cup
- Basil leaves – 6 to 8, shredded
- Grated cheese – ½ cup
- Red chilli flakes – 1 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil to coat muffin tray
- Preheat your over to 180 C / 350 F and set the wire rack at center of the oven.
- Take a large bowl and break all the eggs in it. Season it with salt and pepper and whisk lightly.
- Now add all the ingredients to the bowl – chopped onion, cooked and chopped sausage, steamed broccoli florets, shredded basil leaves, milk, grated cheese, garlic powder and red chilli flakes.
- Mix everything well with a spatula.
- Brush a 6-cup muffin tray with oil. Fill each muffin cup with the egg mixture ensuring a uniform distribution of veggies and sausage.
- Bake the egg muffins in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the eggs are set. You can check by inserting a skewer into the center of a muffin and it should come out clean.
- Serve the loaded breakfast egg muffin warm. Enjoy!