This stir fried chicken rice noodles is one of my favorite quick fix recipes when it comes to real quick meals which is ready under 30 minutes and this one fits the bill perfectly!
This recipe of quick & easy chicken rice noodles is due for way too long now. I have made this super-fast chicken rice noodles multiple times when I had to fix something very quickly, but of course without any compromise on taste whatsoever! Well, to be honest when you add sausages to any dish, even to an ordinary one, it immediately becomes something special, don’t you think so? Rice noodles are very thin & light and do not carry much body. Sausages add right balance to the stir fried chicken rice noodles dish making it a wholesome one-pot meal. I added my favorite veggies to it too – carrots and green bell peppers – to easily make it more nutritious as well as more colorful. Feel free to add any veggie of your choice in your chicken rice noodles like baby corns, spring onions etc.
We just returned from a 10-days long vacation. While travelling and exploring places are utter fun, but eating out for so many days kills our taste buds completely; don’t you feel the same? We literally die to devour our comfort food as soon as we get back home. As Indians our comfort food is always rice and curry at any given day and for us Bengalis it is essentially rice and fish curry. At the same time, I like such one-pot meals like this chicken rice noodles which come from kitchen to table straight under 30 minutes. Though my main attraction in this noodles is obviously the sausages, but I find the combination of rice noodles with veggies & chicken is just right to have that balanced meal with right amount of protein, fiber and carbs!
I generally do not discuss nutritional facts per serving of my recipes in specific numbers as I find it quite confusing and since I am not confident enough, I don’t want to give out any wrong information. I share those recipes which I make at home and enjoy it together with my family and I strongly believe that if my recipes are able to bring happiness to someone anywhere in the world then I have truly accomplished my ultimate goal of creating this blog in the very first place. This chicken rice noodles is one such happy recipe which have let me enjoy a happy meal with my family. It is also a great option for after-school snacks for yours kids. The rice noodles are quite light in texture and this recipe of chicken rice noodles doesn’t use any heavy or greasy sauce.
This quick-fix kinda recipe of chicken rice noodles using chicken sausage may not seem significant enough to share in my blog; but as I said I share what I cook at home and is loved by me & my family too. There were many such recipes which remained behind the scene & couldn’t make an appearance here even after it involved significant time & effort in the making and that’s simply because they failed to impress us! What has already proved to be disappointing to us can’t make its way to my esteemed readers, right? With that note, I am leaving you for today with my short and sweet recipe of stir fried chicken rice noodles with sausage & veggies! Enjoy!
- Rice noodles – 250 gms
- Carrot – 1, large, cut into juliennes (thin long strips)
- Green bell pepper – 1, cut into thin strips
- Chicken sausage – 8 to 10
- Vegetable oil – 4 tbsp
- Light soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- White vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Red chilli flakes – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Cook the rice noodles as per the package instructions. Drain and set it aside.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick skillet. Sauté the chicken sausages until golden brown. Take them out and cut into 2 cm thick roundels.
- Now add remaining oil to the skillet and sauté the julienned carrots and green bell pepper until cooked but still retain some crunch.
- While the vegetables are getting cooked, take a small bowl and mix together light soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, garlic paste, red chilli flakes and salt to taste. Give a good whisk.
- Once the veggies are done, pour the sauce in and sauté it on medium-high flame for couple of minutes.
- Now add the cooked rice noodles and stir fry for 6 to 8 minutes on medium to high flame. Check and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Tip in the cooked sausage roundels and mix well. Take the skillet off the flame and sprinkle freshly chopped coriander leaves. Serve your chicken rice noodles with your favorite ketchup! Enjoy!