These grilled shrimps with garlic and herbs are the best shrimps I have had till date and you guys can’t miss on these! You just can’t!
If I have to describe this dish in single word, I would say ‘power-packed’! Well that may be 2 words but there is no better way to describe how delicious these grilled shrimps were!
I never have had such flavorful shrimps and coming from a shrimp lover, that testifies how good these grilled shrimps were! The enticing flavor of these grilled shrimps comes from the garlic-herb sauce which is majorly dominated by basil with a touch of parsley and the combination is magnificent.
I am so much in love with the strong aroma of basil; it has so much power to enhance the flavor quotient of any regular recipe! These grilled shrimps are a perfect live example of that!
I love combination of herbs especially when they are home grown. The fresh basil and parsley are from our tini-tiny kitchen garden which my hubs nurture and I am just so lucky to pluck few leaves whenever the need be!
This is an absolutely wonderful option so you are not restricted to create something you planned by the resource crunch in your pantry. Moreover, growing your own food gives you immense pleasure which I can vouch for as I have first-hand experience seeing my hubs!
I am so much in love with shrimps that I need no excuse to make anything with this. Then I found out that shrimp recipes are extremely popular worldwide with an exceptional popularity in USA.
Americans love their shrimps I must say! There are so many things we can do with shrimps that I started to wonder what was I doing till date!
I really don’t have any particular ‘most-favorite’ shrimp recipe to be honest. Whenever I try shrimp in a new way that becomes my all-time favorite. So, it’s an easy guess what a shrimp-freak I am!
These grilled shrimps with garlic and herbs follow a very easy & quick recipe which just takes very few ingredients to put together and dinner will be ready even before you realize it!
You can even keep the shrimps marinated a night before – may be on a Friday night – and fire up the grill next day for a tantalizing weekend lunch! There are more shrimp recipes coming up; so if you are as hooked as I am then I am sure you don’t wanna miss this amazing shrimp-ful culinary experience!
And once you recreate these dishes in the comfort of your own kitchen and delight your friends and families, don’t forget to remember me with a smile!
- Large Shrimps – 20 (about 500 gms)
- Garlic – 8 cloves, minced
- Lemon juice of half lemon
- Basil leaves – 1 cup, tightly packed
- Flat leaf parsley - ½ cup
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chilli flakes – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Peel, devein and wash the shrimps keeping the tails intact.
- Add minced garlic, salt and pepper to the shrimps and mix well.
- Make a coarse paste of basil, parsley and Olive oil. Add ¼ teaspoon of salt and lemon juice to it and mix thoroughly.
- Add half of this herbs paste to the shrimps and give a good mix. Leave it to marinate for 30 mins. Reserve the remaining half of the paste for basting.
- Soak 6 satay sticks in water for half an hour to prevent them from burning while grilling.
- Preheat oven at 200 C / 400 F for 10 mins.
- Insert the shrimps into the satay sticks and arrange on a baking sheet/tray. Baste the top with some of the reserved marinate but not all.
- Set the oven to broil mode and broil the shrimps at top rack of the oven for 8 to 10 mins.
- Then turn them over, baste them with all the remaining marinate and broil for another 8 to 10 mins.
- Arrange the grilled shrimps on a serving platter, sprinkle with red chilli flakes and serve hot with some lemon wedges! Enjoy!