Crunchy roasted carrots and broccoli are best option to snack on healthily. Give those French fries a miss for some time!
I had no idea what I would be doing with my roasted carrots and broccoli when I first planned to roast them. I thought I will make a roasted veggie salad or a pasta salad with roasted veggies.
But once these roasted carrots and broccoli came out of the oven, I could not stop snacking on them on their own! Hence the veggie or pasta salad never materialized, but I have parked them for a future recipe as I do love a good medley of roasted veggies.
We got these super fresh carrots and broccoli from a farmers’ market and I wanted to make something super healthy with them. I had heard that roasted broccoli tastes awesome; so, I decided to combine both carrots and broccoli to create a beautifully colored palate.
I loved the smoky flavors of roasted carrots and broccoli. These would be a great side for roast chicken or steak; or you can simply munch these roasted carrots and broccoli as a snack with your favorite dip just exactly what I did!
A long vacation takes heavy toll on my blog! This had happened before and has happened again. No matter how hard I wish to be regular in my blog during the family vacation, it never materializes.
Is this any kind of syndrome I am suffering from? Anyways! Finally, we are back to the regular life and regular (read ‘monotonous’) routine. Everything is in real bad shape starting from my pantry to the laundry and to bring back things in order, I have to wait till the coming weekend! 2 more days to go!
Pheww! This week’s meals are all kind of makeshift arrangements without any fresh produce – majorly resorting to one-pot meals.
Storing my cupboards with uncountable number of packets of pastas and bottles of my homemade frozen sauces have finally paid!
I could hardly concentrate on anything after any vacation and a long one is worst of all! Neither am I getting energy for my office work nor to cook. So, I finally decided to charge myself up by coming back to my blog and share a recipe which was due for long.
This one may not even qualify as a ‘recipe’ recipe! But I still wanted to share this only because I myself was so happy to see how easily we can create some amazing flavors with minimal effort.
Fresh produces have their own magic which we only have to adapt rightly just like this addictive roasted carrots and broccoli! Enjoy!
- Baby carrots – 10 to 15
- Broccoli -2 heads
- Oregano – 2 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the broccoli into medium sized florets.
- Lightly peel the baby carrots.
- Wash the vegetables really well and pat them dry as much as possible.
- Put the veggies in a large bowl and add the salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil.
- Give all of them a good mix. I use my hands; you can use two large spoons by all means!
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the vegetables in single layer on the line baking sheet.
- Drizzle some more olive oil on top and grill in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the vegies are charred and cooked through but still retain a crunch.
- Serve the crunchy roasted carrots and broccoli on the side with your favorite roast meat. Enjoy!