This delightfully soft and moist yet simple chocolate cake is way too simple to make but ultimate pleasure to savor!
With Thanksgiving just knocking on the door and Christmas ringing its bell, it is the best time to share a recipe of a delightful cake – and that too a simple chocolate cake which is bound to be everyone’s favorite as well as easy-peasy to make! We all must own a recipe of a delicious yet very simple chocolate cake in our repertoire and if you have arrived on my page in search of that very essential yet simple chocolate cake recipe then I cannot be happier as you have landed on the right place! Trust me, this simple chocolate cake has all the potential to simply blow your mind!
Even though this is a recipe of simple chocolate cake, its stunningly smooth & velvety texture can give many complicated cakes a run for their money. The steps of making this simple chocolate cake is literally very simple and any novice baker can turn out a perfectly baked chocolate cake following this recipe. As instructed in my recipe below, this simple chocolate cake is a dump-all cake where you’ll just need 2 bowls and then simply whisk and bake. That’s all there is to it to bake this super-delicious simple chocolate cake!
Baking has become an integral part of my culinary life these days and I can start baking at any point of time on any given day; the simple reason being it gives me immense pleasure. Weighing the ingredients on my cute little scale, measuring everything to the utmost precision and then beating or whisking or folding in the batter are my most loved activities in the whole cooking domain.
So, I bring to you this simple chocolate cake recipe in hope of giving you similar pleasure as it had pleased us! The best thing about this simple chocolate cake is the ease of making it fast without sacrificing its rich, dark and moist texture and I guarantee that you will go for a second, third or even fourth serving at one go! Don’t trust me? Try it for yourself! This chocolate cake is so tempting and so easy to make that you will be tempted to make it every weekend and savor it through the week! Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy: Joy of Baking
- Granulated white sugar – 2 cups (400 grams)
- All-purpose flour/refined flour – 1 & ¾ cups (245 grams)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – ¾ cup (75 grams)
- Baking powder – 1 & ½ tsp
- Baking soda – 1 & ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Eggs – 2, large
- Warm water – 1 cup (240 ml) [you can use same amount of coffee too to give an extra richness]
- Milk – 1 cup (240 ml)
- Vegetable oil – ½ cup (120 ml)
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 & ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) and place the rack in the middle position of the oven.
- Take a 9 inch cake pan and grease it all over with butter or a non-stick oil spray. Then line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, water (or coffee), milk, oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir, or whisk, until combined. The batter will be quite thin.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for about 27 – 32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake just comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Then remove your simple chocolate cake from the cake tin and cool completely on a greased wire rack. Sprinkle colored sugar balls on top of your simple chocolate cake to decorate.
- Serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy the delicious yet simple chocolate cake!