The crispy roasted cauliflower with capers and raisins is a different take on this trendy veggie which has taken the internet by storm these days! Try this and fall in love with its amazing crispiness all over again!
Cauliflower, cauliflower and cauliflower! Food blogs and YouTube channels are flooded with cauliflower overload! Finally, this super nutritious veggie is getting its due respect which it rightfully deserves.
Cauliflower is a very common ingredient in Indian scenario and my humble potato-cauliflower curry a.k.a. aloo-gobi makes its appearance at least once weekly in our meals; only recently this veggie is getting quite a lot of international attention which is really a good thing!
After sharing quite a few cauliflower recipes which are part of our regular family meals, I had to do something different.
My latest recipe of tandoori cauliflower became insanely popular which you can’t afford to miss at any cost.
Today I bring another crispy roasted cauliflower recipe which turned out way above my expectation and I thank my better half for sourcing this!
Cauliflower is quite a user-friendly vegetable to work with. You can make amazingly flavorful curries with it using all quintessential Indian spices and at the same time you can make a creamy cauliflower sauce to toss your pasta with adding whichever seasoning you like best.
Again if you are sucker for oven roasted stuff, then cauliflower is your best friend! Crispy roasted cauliflower takes on a delicious nutty flavor which tastes utterly incredible. So you see, one veggie has so many different make-overs and all being equally scrumptious that you won’t ever be out of options!
Crispy roasted cauliflower is like some blank canvas which can make any cook an artist. You can draw whatever you feel with this hot favorite veggie and it will turn out beautiful without any fail.
Toss it with your favorite sauce or stir in with your pasta, they will enhance the flavor quotient of every dish. Today’s crispy roasted cauliflower with capers and golden raisins has definitely pushed the cauliflower game up a notch and if you wanna see how then keep on reading!
This crispy roasted cauliflower make an incredible combination with capers as the tartness in capers complements the sweetness in cauliflower really well and with golden raisins on top, it goes to a very different level of deliciousness.
You will also notice a very interesting use of breadcrumbs in this recipe. Breadcrumbs not only make crispy coating to fried goodies but also add superb crispiness when sprinkled on top of roasted food and this recipe is a valid proof of that.
This crispy roasted cauliflower is best served as a side with some roasted meat or may be as a starter. Make sure to serve it hot, otherwise you will lose all the crispiness which is the real attraction of this dish.
This is definitely a vegetarian’s delight – well to be specific, this is actually a vegan’s delight as the dish is totally dairy free. All in all, a win-win recipe for everyone and that’s why I call it the game-changer!
- Cauliflower – 1 large head, cut into florets
- Olive oil – 6 tbsp
- Garlic cloves – 4 to 6 cloves, thinly sliced
- Capers – 2 tbsp, drained
- Breadcrumbs – ¾ cups
- Golden raisins – ⅓ cup
- White wine vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Flat parsley for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 220 C / 425 F. Line a roasting sheet with parchment paper and spray some cooking oil on it.
- Take the cauliflower florets in a large bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Spread the cauliflower florets on the prepared roasting sheet in a single layer. You may need to do this in 2 separate roasting sheets or in batches as you have to keep the cauliflower florets in a single layer to ensure the desired crispiness.
- Roast the cauliflower in the preheated oven for 45 minutes flipping them once after about 25 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is being roasted, heat the remaining olive oil in a sauce pan. Add the sliced garlic to the hot oil and sauté them on medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until golden.
- Then add the capers and sauté for a minute. Finally add the breadcrumbs and stir continuously. Once the breadcrumbs look crispy, remove from heat and transfer to a plate.
- Take the golden raisins in a bowl and add about 1 cup of boiling water and the white wine vinegar. Let it soak for 15 minutes and then drain and set aside.
- Once the cauliflower florets are roasted, transfer them to a large server platter. Sprinkle the garlic-capers-breadcrumbs mixture and finally top it with golden raisins.
- Garnish the crispy roasted cauliflower with chopped flat leaf parsley and serve hot. Enjoy!