Have a meeting packed day ahead? Or just want to blow away the Monday morning blues? Whatever your need is, this protein packed and super-energetic banana oats smoothie will do the trick to shake you up and keep boosted for the day!
Since the time I have decided to eat as much healthy as possible, I have rediscovered oats and its super power! Apart from all the health benefit, the best thing about oats, according to me, is its versatility.
You can prepare oats in so many different ways that it’s mind-boggling at times! To start my series of oats recipes, I have decided to go with the girl-next-door kinda recipe for you and that is banana oats smoothie!
If you are looking for a breakfast on-the-go option, then you must try this banana oats smoothie if you haven’t already! You can easily carry it to your way to work or just have it at your desk while you start your day from home!
Being a smoothie, it of course does not involve any cooking and you can whiz it up in just matter of few minutes as there is no chopping involved as well. Just put everything in the blender and… blend-blend-blend!
I have this banana oats smoothie as my power-packed breakfast at least twice a week. Primarily because I love its taste and it keeps me full for a long time without any dip in energy. I also love it because of its ease of making as it saves me a lot of time on really busy days when I can’t spend too much time to make a good breakfast.
Not having a proper breakfast is not even an option now; so this banana oats smoothie comes to my rescue! It just requires 6 ingredients one of which is optional but definitely adds value. I am referring to cinnamon powder which not only adds a flavorful touch to your smoothie but also have its own health benefit.
To make your banana oats smoothie, you can use either instant oats or rolled oats whichever you have at hand. For sweetness, I use pure honey. You may also replace honey with couple of pitted dates or equal amount of maple syrup. Please avoid adding refined sugar at any cost!
You will see that I have used a combination of yogurt and milk instead of only milk as plain curd or yogurt adds a tang to the smoothie which I love to the bits! The tartness of yogurt gives a new dimension of flavour to the oats smoothie which makes me addicted to it! The ripe banana makes it very creamy and thick; all in all a perfect combination of probiotics, fibre and protein.
Now let’s get straight to the recipe and see how you can make this super-breakfast!
- Rolled oats – ¼ cup
- Banana – 1, small (about 6”), ripe, cut into small pieced for ease of blending
- Plain yogurt – ½ up
- Double toned or skimmed milk – ¾ cup
- Honey – 2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – ¼ tsp
- Pulse or grind the rolled oats in a blender jar until finely ground. You may see few coarse pieces which should be fine.
- Now add all other ingredients to the blender – chopped banana, yogurt, milk, honey and cinnamon powder.
- Blend the ingredients for 2 to 3 minutes until all the ingredients are smoothly ground to make a thick and creamy smoothie. The creaminess will come from the ripe banana and there will be a touch of tang thanks to the plain yogurt.
- Pour in a tall glass, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon on top for garnish and serve immediately! Enjoy the power packed breakfast for an energetic day!
Liked the recipe? Let us know!