Enjoy this Valentine’s Day with this rich and decadent chocolate mousse! Only a little effort and you will make the world’s best chocolate mousse ever in your own comfy home!
Valentine’s day is just around the corner and I am here to present you the most decadent dessert of all time which is just perfect for this Valentine’s Day!
Delight your beloved one with this beautiful masterpiece and enjoy a quality time together. The best part is that this is to be made a day ahead so that you don’t have to spend time in kitchen on the V-Day!
Now what new can I tell you about chocolate mousse! This is that kind of dessert which is beyond any description.
The light and airy texture of chocolate mousse sets it apart from any other dessert of its class and puts it at a very high place. You really need to try it to realize its glory.
This Valentine’s Day is just the ideal time to reward yourself and your loved one with this beauty! There are 10 more days left before Valentine’s Day but; for us today is really special and we would love to share our joy with you all.
It’s our wedding anniversary today marking 8 years of our official togetherness. What could have been a better day than this to share this yummy chocolate mousse with ya’ all!
We are enjoying our special day in the chilling hills of Ooty which is a beautiful hill station in Southern India.
This has become our abode when we want to relax and free ourselves from the hustle bustle of the city. I wish I could have my glass of chocolate mousse on this chilling evening here and relish it sitting by the fireplace! I so wish!
Chocolate mousse is a special dessert and I feel something as special as this should be reserved for special days. But obviously, you don’t have to agree with me.
You can whip a glass of this gorgeous decadence whenever you want. Trust me it’s not difficult but just needs a little more love and care just like our relationships!
You need to take your time to whip up the double cream until it forms stiff peak as well as the egg white to stiff peak which may be the tough one to tackle.
Have a bottle of cream of tartar handy as it stabilizes the egg white while whipping; and make sure your bowl and whisk is squeaky clean!
I urge you to give the chocolate mousse a try. You cannot afford to miss this supreme delicacy! Chocolate mousse is a real gem and you need this in your life.
This recipe of chocolate mousse is a killer one and you will always get the perfect mousse with the right texture – a no-fail guaranteed recipe of world’s most loved dessert of all time!
Don’t think twice; I can assure you that your loved one will love you more once you present this gorgeous chocolate mousse and that too homemade! What more do you want? Make it this Valentine’s Day and enjoy!
- Heavy whipping cream – ½ cup, chilled
- Bitter-sweet chocolate – ⅓ cup (55 gms), chopped
- Unsalted butter – 1 tbsp
- Instant coffee powder – ½ tsp
- Water – 2 tsp
- Egg – 1, separated
- Granulated white sugar – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Cream of tartar – ⅛ tsp (optional)
- Take the chilled heavy whipping cream in a large bowl and whisk using an electric hand blender until stiff peak forms and the cream doubles in volume. This would take about 6 to 8 minutes. Let it chill in the refrigerator until needed.
- In another small bowl, take the egg yolk and granulated white sugar. Whisk them using a balloon whisk until pale in color, about 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring about 1 inch of water to simmer in a saucepan and place a tight-fitting heat-proof bowl on top making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the chopped chocolate, unsalted butter, coffee powder and water to the bowl and let everything melt over low heat. Keep stirring to mix everything well.
- Once the chocolate has melted completely, remove from heat and let it cool for some time. Then take about 2 tablespoons of this chocolate mixture and add it to the egg yolk mixture and keep stirring vigorously so that the heat in chocolate doesn’t start cooking the egg yolk.
- Now combine all the egg yolk mixture with the chocolate mixture in the same heat-proof bowl and place it back on the simmering water on low heat to let the egg yolk cook for 5 minutes. Keep stirring. Then take it off the heat and again let it cool for 10 minutes.
- While the chocolate mixture is cooling, take the egg white in another large bowl making sure the bowl is squeaky clean. Add the cream of tartar to it.
- Then using an electric hand mixer, whisk the egg white until stiff peak forms. This would take about 10 to 15 minutes of whisking. Make sure the whisk attachment is super clean as any impurities will prevent the egg white to from stiff peak.
- Now it’s time to assemble all three element – whipped cream, chocolate and egg white.
- Fold in the chocolate mixture to the whipped egg white. Then fold in the whipped cream. This folding should be done very carefully making sure you do not deflate the whipped cream or the whipped egg white.
- Once everything is well-combined and homogeneous, transfer the mousse to serving glasses. This amount would make 2 servings. Cover each glass with cling film and let them chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, garnish your chocolate mousse with strawberry and light dusting of powdered sugar. Enjoy your date with this super romantic chocolate mousse.
Liked the recipe? Let us know!