Here is the fail-proof Buffalo chicken pizza recipe from scratch to bring you immense happiness for making incredible pizza at home!
Making pizza at home from scratch was in my list of desires for long and after couple of trials, I could finally arrive at my guaranteed recipe of pizza dough!
If you are a pizza lover and tend to order pizza every week, I earnestly recommend you to try this recipe of Buffalo chicken pizza at home and you will fall in love with it forever. Being in India, I have never loved the pizzas we get at any of the popular pizza chains; the pizza bases are way too thick to my liking.
There are only few pizza places which make thin-crust wood-fired pizza which has all my heart and I have always wanted to make them at home. Baking is always therapeutic and this Buffalo chicken pizza had made me realize it once again.
Making pizza dough at home requires some patience but the end result is so rewarding & soul-satisfying that once you successfully make a pizza, you will love to do it again and again.
If you have a stand-mixer, your life will be a little easier; but even if you don’t, trust me, it’s all right! You can still make fantastic pizzas using your trusty hands! I had always pushed off making breads or pizzas thinking that I won’t be successful without a machine, but I proved myself wrong!
And thankfully so! After successfully making this Buffalo chicken pizza at home, my jinx is over and I am sure gonna make more pizzas in recent times!
I started my pizza trial with a simple cheese pizza, then upgraded to BBQ chicken pizza which turned out quite well; but the perfectionist inside me didn’t allow me to publish that here.
Hence this Buffalo chicken pizza materialized which satisfied that inner perfectionist of mine and allowed me to share this fail-proof recipe with ya’all! You may be wondering why I chose Buffalo chicken pizza over anything else, but the answer is easy.
I like Buffalo sauce a lot and if you explore my blog, you will find quite a few Buffalo this and Buffalo that recipe – like my Buffalo cauliflower bites or Buffalo chicken wings. It’s a pretty easy but amazing tasting sauce which wins me every time I taste it!
You may not have ever thought of making pizza at home or may feel it’s too fancy; but trust me, making such fancy things at home brings in a sense of fulfillment and makes your inner self purely happy.
Pizza is the most forgiving food I believe as you can load it up with anything and everything you love. You definitely don’t have to go for Buffalo chicken pizza if you are not a chicken lover!
Top it up with your favorite veggies like bell peppers, baby corns, black olives, broccoli or whatever you fancy and treat yourself with this out-of-the-world experience of homemade pizza!
- Granulated sugar – 2 tbsp
- Active dry yeast – 1 tsp
- Warm water – ¾ cup (about 100-115 F, not boiling water)
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Extra-virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups + little extra for dusting
- Chicken breast – 2, boneless and skinless
- Unsalted butter – 50 gms
- Hot sauce – 100 ml / ½ cup
- Pizza sauce / Buffalo sauce – ½ cup
- Grated mozzarella cheese – 200 gms / 1 cup
- Red pepper flakes and fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Take a large bowl and add the sugar to it. Pour warm water on top and sprinkle the active dry yeast. Make sure the water is not boiling but just warm as boiling water will kill the yeast.
- Let the yeast sit for 5 minutes and become frothy. Then add salt and olive oil. Give it a stir.
- Next add the flour and using the spatula start mixing everything together. Once the flour comes together, knead it using hands for good 10 minutes. The dough should turn smooth at the end of kneading.
- Drizzle some olive oil on the bowl and place the dough in it making sure that oil coats the dough on all sides.
- Cover the bowl with a cling film and let the dough rest in a warm place for 90 minutes. I keep my dough inside the microwave (it is not on of course) as it is quite warmer than room temperature.
- After about 90 minutes, the dough must be doubled in size. Oil a pizza pan generously and place the dough on it. Dredge the dough with flour on all sides.
- Preheat your oven at 450 F / 230 C and place the wire rack at lower most level.
- Using your both hands or a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a 10-inch circle. (Watch the video for demo.)
- Your pizza dough is done! Load it up with your favorite toppings, mozzarella cheese and bake it in the preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes. If you like more crispy pizza, add additional 2 minutes.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts. Cut each chicken breast into small cubes.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick skillet. Once the butter melts, add the chicken cubes. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté the chicken in butter for 8 to 10 minutes on medium heat until they are completely cooked.
- Once chicken is complete cooked, add the hot sauce and keep stirring the chicken. Initially it may seem way too saucy, but eventually the sauce will all be soaked up by the chicken giving you a super-glossy Buffalo chicken! Take the chicken out and set aside.
- Roll the pizza dough on the pizza pan as instructed above. Spread pizza sauce or Buffalo sauce on it.
- Sprinkle half of the grated mozzarella all over the pizza base uniformly.
- Spread the Buffalo chicken cubes uniformly all over the pizza base. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top. Plus, optionally, you can drizzle couple of tablespoons of olive oil on top of the cheese.
- Bake the Buffalo chicken pizza in the preheated oven at 450 F / 230 C for 15-18 minutes (add couple of minutes extra if you want a crispier pizza).
- Sprinkle red chili flakes and fresh basil leaves on the freshly baked pizza, cut 8 slices out of it and enjoy your homemade Buffalo chicken pizza!
Tried this one out a month ago, my first attempt at baking a pizza and I loved the result.
I can’t wait to try this recipe in a wood-fired oven. This recipe’s ingredients are fantastic. First, I baked this recipe in my oven and will report back to you on how it turned out.