These copycat shrimp kabobs from one of my favorite blogs Damn Delicious are really damn delicious beyond explanation! Try it to believe it!
I can totally understand how delicious this name – shrimp kabobs – sounds and how eager you might be to get to the recipe; but before going into that I must express my gratitude to all those wonderful food blogs which have been continuously inspiring me since the time I had started my own journey towards this path.
Damn delicious run by Chungah is one of the top blogs which has never ever failed to amaze me with its mind-blowing recipes and gorgeous eat-me-now pictures! Today I decided to recreate one such magical recipe from her blog and share the deliciousness with you all; that amazing recipe is this lemon garlic shrimp kabobs!
Shrimps being my favorite has become an easy choice as Chungah’s blog is loaded with astonishing shrimp recipes.
But this particular recipe of shrimp kabobs was selected by my hub as he has some fascination towards skewered shrimps.
I agreed because not only I liked the lemon-butter-garlic glaze, but also, I was sure that any recipe from Damn Delicious will actually be damn delicious without fail!
And if they look as gorgeous as these shrimp kabobs, who am I to complain? Just look at them and tell me you are not tempted! I am not gonna believe you!
The shrimp kabobs is a quick and easy recipe which is an additional USP of this dish. The shrimps are roasted at high temperature for mere 5 to 7 minutes and they turned out to be super-soft and juicy.
I honestly have never had such soft and juicy shrimps. If you always feel the risk of turning your shrimps too hard and chewy which doesn’t please our taste buds, I urge you to try this one and your shrimps will never go hard again.
I used fresh shrimps for my shrimp kabobs and peeled it myself which I would recommend to you too as I am not too sure how the frozen shrimps would hold up in this.
If you are really pressed for time but still prefer homemade food over take-aways, then I will love you till the end of my life!
I believe, except the occasional dine-outs, homemade food is the best option and with quick & simple recipes like this shrimp kabobs, you can treat yourself luxuriously even at home.
And with thousands of beautiful food blogs available over the internet, no one will ever fall short of recipes in their entire lifetime.
When I go through my favorite blogs, every time I confuse my brain with which one to try and which one to park for next! It’s quite a challenging decision I must say.
Now, if you are still unsure whether to make these shrimp kabobs or not, tell me honestly – do these shrimps kabobs look any less than your favorite fine-diner’s shrimps? If not, then you know very well what you need to do next! Enjoy!
- Shrimps – 25 to 30, medium size, peeled and deveined
- Lemon – 4, sliced
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Unsalted butter – ¼ cup, melted
- Garlic – 6 to 8 cloves, minced
- Dried oregano – ½ tsp
- Dried thyme – ½ tsp
- Dried basil – ½ tsp
- Freshly chopped parsley – 2 tbsp
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bamboo skewers – 8, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 230 C / 450 F; I used broil mode and had set my wire rack at the top most level. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and then brush it with vegetable oil or coat with non-stick spray.
- Thread the shrimps and lemon slices into the skewers. I kept 4 shrimps and 2 lemon slices per stick.
- Place the prepared skewers on the greased baking tray and roast them for 5-7 minutes until pink and firm. Take them out and set aside while you make the lemon-butter-garlic glaze.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add minced garlic and sauté for couple of minutes under medium heat but don’t turn them brown.
- Then add the lemon juice, dried oregano, thyme and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté them by stirring constantly for 2 minutes on medium flame. Take it off the heat.
- Brush this lemon-butter-garlic glaze on the roasted shrimps and sprinkle freshly chopped parsley to garnish. Serve the shrimp kabobs immediately. Enjoy!