This ginger garlic baked chicken is by far my best baked chicken recipe till date! This is seriously juicy chicken with best flavors!
When you are looking for an option of tasty as well as healthy meal, then nothing fits the bill better than this ginger garlic baked chicken!
You can devour this delicacy to your heart content being totally guilt-free and your mind & soul would be grateful to you for such delightful indulgence! The flavors of ginger & garlic infuse the chicken drumsticks so beautifully that you won’t be able to keep your hand off of this yummy ginger garlic baked chicken and I can bet on that!
Baking is my favorite technique of cooking chicken these days. Yes, it requires some additional marinating time so that the meat can soak up the flavors of the beautiful aromatics, but that’s the real beauty of it! The rest of the work is done by your trusty oven and you can simply relax!
This recipe of ginger garlic baked chicken is also quite an easy recipe with just a few minutes of prep work and then you can simply shut it in your oven and forget about it for next hour. This is a real savior for weeknight dinners.
You can serve this ginger garlic baked chicken with some crunchy salads on the side and you will have a hearty weeknight meal without compromising on the taste & flavor. Plus, there is hardly any hard work involved! How cool is that!
I am sucker for such quick recipes which saves me tons of hours in the kitchen and I can spend time with ya’all here in my blog! Yes, I mean after I deliver on my professional commitment which is of course a priority at the moment. I so wish that one day I can become a full-time blogger!
Coming back to today’s recipe, here are few tips on the chicken pieces that you should use. Well, I used skinless chicken drumsticks for making my ginger garlic baked chicken and that is basically for two reasons.
Firstly, skinless chicken drumsticks were what I had at hand and I wanted to make this ginger garlic baked chicken whatsoever! Secondly, I thought that getting rid of the skin straight away reduces the fat content significantly; hence using skinless drumsticks can be beneficial if you are a weight-watcher and that’s why I went ahead with it!
But if you are okay with few extra calories, by all means use the skin-on drumsticks and it will result in a more tender texture of the meat in your ginger garlic baked chicken. Skin helps to retain the moisture inside the meat while the dry heat of the oven cooks it.
This ginger garlic baked chicken may taste somewhat better if you use skin-on drumsticks; so, you can make a choice between skinless or skin-on depending on your priority. But whatever you use, skinless or skin-on drumsticks, trust me, you will not want to leave behind even a tiny trace of this ginger garlic baked chicken on your place; this is powerfully delish!
The sticky, sweet & spicy sauce, which the drumsticks are glazed with, is the heart of this ginger garlic baked chicken along with of course ginger & garlic and it just takes few minutes to prepare.
This sauce adds a gorgeous gloss to the chicken drumsticks after they are perfectly baked and that not only looks appetizing but tastes amazing too! You must give this ginger garlic baked chicken a try and see for yourself how delicious a simple chicken recipe can be! Enjoy!
- Chicken drumsticks - 8
- Ginger – 2 inch piece, peeled and grated
- Garlic – 10 cloves, peeled and mined
- Soy sauce – 3 tbsp
- Oyster sauce – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Sesame oil – 2 tsp
- White pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Paprika powder – 1 tsp
- Chinese five-spice powder – ½ tsp, optional
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the chicken drumsticks and pat dry with paper towel.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the chicken and gently rub them on the chicken.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in a bowl to prepare the marinade. Rub this marinade onto the drumsticks to coat them evenly all over. Keep in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F/190C.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil (this will make the clean-up way too easy) and brush or spray oil over it.
- Line the chicken on the prepared tray making sure not to crowd them too tightly.
- Place it on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the surface turns golden brown and charred. You can test the internal temperature using a meat thermometer and it should register at least 165 F.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve the delicious ginger garlic baked chicken warm. Enjoy!