If you are looking for a fancy yet comfort meal to enjoy in the coziness of your home, then look further than this stunning spinach & ricotta stuffed chicken breasts! It is indeed the best baked chicken breast recipe!
While sharing this stunning spinach & ricotta stuffed chicken breasts recipe, I am really feeling on top of the world! Wondering why? Will explain in a while. First, let’s appreciate this this beauty that we have in front of us today, shall we?
These golden baked ricotta stuffed chicken breasts with crispy panko topping is just the perfect recipe if you wanna impress someone with your culinary skill. These gorgeous babies do not only look good but they are immensely tasty and will win your heart instantly.
The combination of spinach & ricotta is classic and give an elegant make over to the apparently boring chicken breasts. If you are not too fond of chicken breasts, I urge you to give these ricotta stuffed chicken breasts a try!
I’m sure you will fall for it thanks to fresh homemade ricotta & spinach stuffing which makes the chicken breasts incredibly juicy and full of absolutely mind-blowing flavors!
Now let me tell you why this recipe of ricotta stuffed chicken breasts brought me immense please in particular. This fancy ricotta stuffed chicken breasts recipe was sitting on my to-do list for way too long and I was not sure if I would be able to pull it off well.
But it was finally time that I brush off my fear and proceed towards success. You may find it weird that being a food blogger how can I be scared of trying a new recipe, but it really happens with me at times. Take bread baking for example.
Even thinking of baking bread at home makes me sweat! I so much want to bake different kinds of breads at home, but could never gather that courage for going ahead with it!
Finally, I have got these gorgeous ricotta stuffed chicken breasts right which turned out really good and successfully eliminated all my anxiety. Recipes like these, when pulled off successfully, make me feel accomplished and of course on top of the world!
Since the time I have set out on my second spell of active blogging, my oven is not getting any rest. Honestly! I was always fond of baked/roasted stuff as it makes it much easier to cook up beautiful meal amidst the hectic schedule of a weekday.
I have many, and I literally mean many, amazingly flavorful baked/roasted recipes lined up for you which will make you a pro in grilling/baking and will take away even the slightest inhibition from your mind if, just in case, you are intimidated with this technique of cooking. Like it did for me with these ricotta stuffed chicken breasts!
Baking the somewhat boring chicken breast makes it surprisingly juicy & moist and I think this is the only way one must enjoy chicken breasts as they taste really bland in recipes like curries or stews.
I usually save chicken breasts for recipes like these baked ricotta stuffed chicken breasts as I don’t like to add those dry breast pieces to curries or any other recipe whatsoever!
I made ricotta cheese fresh at home following some instructions I found in a blog but unfortunately, I could not locate it; but I am sure you will get ample recipe if you want to make ricotta at home.
Simplest thing would be to get the best ricotta available in your local supermarket and get these ricotta stuffed chicken breasts on the table to delight yourself and your special someone! Anyone could hardly be able to resist this gorgeousness and I can bet on that!
These ricotta stuffed chicken breasts can be the ideal romantic dinner for you and your special someone when you would want to spend a quiet evening wrapped in the warmth of each other. Enjoy!
- Boneless and skinless chicken breast – 2
- Ricotta cheese – 100 gms
- Fresh spinach leaves – 1 cup, tightly packed
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Panko breadcrumb – ½ cup (or more if required)
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 C / 400 F and place the wire rack at the lower level of your oven.
- Put the fresh spinach leaves in a large bowl of boiling water to wilt for about 10 minutes. Drain and run through cold water for couple of times, then squeeze out as much excess water as possible. Chop them up and set aside.
- In a bowl mix ricotta, lemon zest and plenty of seasoning. Add the chopped spinach leaves to it and mix well.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a slit into the side of each chicken breast and use your fingers to make a little pocket. Spoon the mixture into the 2 breasts.
- Rub the top of the chicken breasts with olive oil and press the panko breadcrumbs on top. Finally arrange the chicken breasts on a roasting tin.
- Bake the chicken for around 30 mins or until the thickest part of the chicken registers a temperature of 75 C / 175 F in an instant thermometer. Remove them from oven when the chicken is cooked through and the breadcrumbs are golden.
- Serve the spinach & ricotta stuffed chicken breasts warm with some baked veggies of your choice on the side! Enjoy!