These oven fried chicken drumsticks have practically zero oil but they are still as delish as their traditional fried chicken counterparts!
If you dream about those hot & crispy, super juicy fried chicken drumsticks on a regular basis, but resist them for being deep-fried & a calorie-bomb, here is something which can make your day!
I am talking about my today’s recipe which is super addictive oven fried chicken drumsticks! Trust me this oven fried chicken is a real thing and it’s so tempting that you can never have enough of it!
If you qualify as a chicken freak like us, then I can guess how you must be feeling with these alluring pictures of crispy oven fried chicken in front you. But don’t worry, they are equally easy to make at your own comfy kitchen with just 3 basic ingredients other than chicken which is obvious!
There is no denying that fried chicken delights us more than anything else and most of the time we don’t even bother about them being deep fried. I can understand our strong affinity towards fried food and I can’t blame anyone because they taste just awesome. Period!
But if we can eliminate the “bad” from our favorite fried chicken without sacrificing the taste quotient, then what’s the harm in it? It would be even better as we will now have one additional reason to enjoy the fried chicken more frequently and that’s definitely a good news!
If you are skeptical how this oven fried chicken will fair against the deep-fried version, then I insist you to give this a try! I can bet a high stake that you will come back later to thank me!
I had already mentioned that this oven fried chicken is not only tasty but also ridiculously easy. There is no way one can go wrong with this version of fried chicken. Just bread the chicken drumsticks appropriately and shut them off inside the oven and… relax! That’s exactly you have to do to enjoy this scrumptious oven fried chicken – relax! There is
That’s enough good news already! But there are more!
No sweating in the kitchen! Need I say more? I am sure you have already fallen for these oven fried chicken drumsticks!
When you go through some crazy time in office, then this oven fried chicken can be your savior for weeknight meal. You will get two advantages – one, you won’t have to stay in kitchen for making dinner and two, this dinner will make you so happy that you might not mind putting in an extra hour to complete that pending stuff!
One quick note before closing – I have suggested to use Panko breadcrumbs in the recipe, but it might be tricky to get hold of it in India. I myself used regular breadcrumbs which I had made at home since I was out of Panko.
So, using Panko is not mandatory; the point I want to make here is that do not hold on to make this amazing oven fried chicken due to unavailability of an ingredient; regular breadcrumbs will also make a super crispy and crunchy outer coating of your oven fried chicken with juicy and succulent meat inside.
Go ahead and try them and do not forget to tell me in comments below how it all turned out! Enjoy!
- Skinless chicken drumsticks – 8
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Breadcrumbs – 1 cup (Try using Japanese style Panko breadcrumbs if available)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Paprika – 1 tsp
- Wash and pat dry the chicken drumsticks. Season them well with salt and pepper.
- Now arrange the breading station. Place the flour in a shallow plate, whisk the eggs in another bowl and place the breadcrumbs in a third shallow plate. Season each of these component with little salt. [I suggest to start with half cup each of flour and breadcrumbs as you may not need the full 1 cup of each of them. This way you can have lesser wastage of food.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Grease the wire rack with oil and place it over a baking sheet. You will have to place the breaded drumsticks on the wire rack and then insert it into the oven along with the baking sheet. This way the chicken will not be touching the bottom of the baking sheet which will turn out evenly cooked crispy chicken drumsticks.
- Now take one chicken drumstick at a time, dredge it in the flour and shake off the excess. Then dip it into the beaten eggs and drip off the excess. Finally coat it with the breadcrumbs evenly and thoroughly. Then place the breaded drumsticks on the greased wire rack.
- Bake the breaded drumsticks at 180 degree C/350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 75 degrees C / 165 degrees F on a kitchen thermometer.
- Take out from the oven and sprinkle paprika over the oven fried chicken drumsticks. Serve hot with your favorite ketchup!