This spicy chicken alfredo pasta is one of my favorite pastas because of its spicy quotient. This chicken alfredo pasta is not only super yum but super easy too!
Every time I make a new pasta recipe, it becomes my new go-to pasta! I could not help it! This spicy chicken alfredo pasta too is no different. We both are totally in love with this creamy and spicy flavor combination and hence it’s appearing here today for all you lovely readers.
This spicy chicken alfredo pasta is a super easy pasta recipe; even if you have never made a pasta dish till date you will be able to pull this through and that too with guaranteed success!
Chicken alfredo pasta is a classic pasta recipe which you may already be aware of, I have just twisted it a little by adding the spicy kick!
Since we are talking about pasta today, that reminded me that during my recent short trip to USA, I visited Cheesecake Factory (Yes! Their cheesecakes are amazing!) few times and tried their different pastas each time. I would not lie to you that I loved all of them; but mostly I loved their food.
The one I loved most was the Louisiana chicken pasta and I could not get over it even long after I had it the very first time! Unfortunately, Cheesecake Factory is yet to open in India and until then I will have to try hard to find a copycat recipe for the same!
I was badly missing my kitchen when I was in US especially when I was visiting any supermarket. I had covered all the supermarkets in Danbury during my 2 months stay there and loved them all. I was so glad to see the ingredients which are somewhat difficult to source here in India e.g. readymade pie crust, biscuit dough etc.
But as the saying goes that every difficulty throws a challenge to you to turn it into opportunity and that’s exactly what I had tried to do – since we don’t get readymade pie crust here, I make my own! How cool is that! If you too are looking for a fail-proof pie crust recipe which will work for both sweet and savory baking then you must click here!
Since I have already made you happy with best ever pie crust recipe, let me go a little overboard and make you happier with this nifty little recipe of spicy chicken alfredo pasta.
I love Cajun seasoning and it pairs really well with classic creamy chicken alfredo pasta; we loved the spicy kick from red chili flakes too! I have omitted flour from my alfredo sauce as I liked it that way, I feel flour makes it too thick to my liking and comes in the way of other aromatics.
The cheese and cream make the sauce enough thick to coat each strand of pasta as well as lend a wonderful flavor. I added few handful of fresh basil leaves which may not be very authentic but I could not resist the fresh produce from our own kitchen garden.
Plus, I like specs of green in my food and it doesn’t hurt anybody! Does it? Trust me you will love it too! Try this spicy chicken alfredo pasta and let me know how it fared at your dinner table. I am waiting!
- Penne pasta – 250 gms
- Chicken thigh – 4, boneless and skinless, cut into small bite size pieces
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 6 to 8 cloves, sliced or chopped
- Cajun seasoning – 1 tbsp
- Heavy cream – 1 cup
- Red chili flakes – ½ tsp
- Grated cheddar cheese – 1 cup
- Fresh basil leaves – 10 to 12, roughly shredded
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil penne pasta according to packet instructions in heavily salted water until al-dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add sliced garlic into it. Sauté the garlic on medium heat for couple of minutes.
- Next add the chicken cubes, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper and cook them on medium heat for about 10 minutes until they develop a golden color and are almost cooked through. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Then pour in the heavy cream and sprinkle red chilli flakes and stir to mix everything well.
- Once the cream comes to a full boil, add the cooked penne to the skillet and carefully stir them to mix with the cream and spices.
- Finally sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese and shredded basil leaves and give everything a final good mix.
- Garnish the spicy chicken alfredo pasta with fresh parsley and serve it warm. Enjoy!
Liked the recipe? Let us know!