The best thing to drizzle my homemade ranch dressing on is this grilled chicken salad. We were simply knocked off by the killer combination of grilled chicken salad with ranch!
It has been ages that we had shared a salad recipe at Flavor Quotient and we admit that we are guilty as charged. Honestly salads are not a regular thing in our household or in any typical Indian household for that matter, simply because we haven’t grown up seeing salad lunches at home. With the global fusion in modern days, we have recently discovered that there can be salad meals which are equally fulfilling and way more healthier.
Today’s recipe of grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing is my take on a healthy lunch option with my homemade ranch dressing. But there is more to it! Not only my ranch dressing is homemade but also the mayo and sour cream which went into this delightful dressing are homemade too! Now how cool is that! I love to do things from scratch and today’s recipe of grilled chicken salad has provided me the opportunity to develop each of its component from scratch and it made me feel really accomplished!
After I made the ranch dressing, I was looking for a full-proof recipe to add it to and not only just a dip. I agree that ranch is awesome as a dip but that’s not a recipe, right? Hence the grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing! I was lucky to have spotted some very fresh lettuce on my latest trip to the supermarket which helped everything to fall into the right place.
Salads, as you know, do not have any written rule or grammar. You simply add what you like to your salad and top it up with your favorite dressing. I think that’s the best thing about salads – it’s the most no-fuss meal which is not only delicious but also really easy to put together and healthy at the same time. Plus, there is hardly any cooking involved! Salads perfectly fit the bill on a busy weeknight and trust me you will indeed have a satisfying dinner with salads after a hard day at office!
Grilled chicken is a savior when it comes to adding some protein to your salads. Its super-fast and super-yummy; and with the juicy chicken bits mixed with ranch dressing is just heaven in your mouth! This is a deadly combo and nothing can beat it for sure. Once you start making your salad dressings at home, you won’t ever look back to those pre-made bottles in the supermarkets and that’s a guarantee from me!
When you have a bottle of homemade ranch dressing sitting inside your cupboard, you are sorted. You can drizzle this homemade awesomeness on grilled chicken salad or create your own dipping platter with assorted veggies, some crispy fried chicken or golden fried shrimps. Simply put, the homemade ranch dressing is a winner and you must always have it handy in your kitchen; it will definitely prove to be a savior!
- Chicken breast – 1, boneless and skinless
- Cucumber – 2, medium
- Tomato – 2, medium
- Onion – 1, large
- Lettuce or any salad leaves of your choice
- Ranch dressing – ½ cup
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Italian seasoning – 2 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken breast horizontally to make 2 thin chicken cutlets. Brush the chicken with 1 teaspoon of olive oil on one side and season it with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Heat a griddle until smoking hot. Brush olive oil on the griddle.
- Place the chicken onto the hot griddle with the seasoned side down and grill until you get deep golden grill marks. This would take about 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- While the bottom is being grilled, brush the top of the chicken breasts with remaining olive oil, season with salt, pepper and remaining Italian seasoning. Flip the chicken over and cook the other side for 5 minutes more or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked, take it out on a plate and cut into long strips. Set them aside.
- Cut the cucumber into chunks. Cut the tomatoes into cubes. Slice the onion thinly.
- In a large salad bowl, place the salad leaves. Add cucumber, tomatoes and onion to the salad bowl. Season them with salt and pepper. Toss the salad to mix everything well with the seasoning.
- Place the grilled chicken on top of the tossed salad and drizzle half of the ranch dressing all over.
- Let the salad sit for at least 15 minutes for all the flavors to soak up by the veggies and chicken.
- Then serve the grilled chicken salad with the remaining ranch dressing on the side.