Spicy honey garlic chicken bites are the easiest, quickest and yummiest chicken snack that could ever be possible!
If you are looking for a quick snack for the jazzing up your weekend brunch, then look no further! I have just got the right thing for you! These spicy honey garlic chicken bites are simply amazing to have as a quick bite as well as are perfect crowd pleaser to serve in a party and see your friends go ooh-la-la over it!
The chicken bites are super crispy thanks to the panko but once the incredible honey garlic sauce is drizzled over them, it goes to another level of tastiness which you will only know after you taste this honey garlic chicken. Now chicken is already a favorite of ours and any quick snack made of chicken is already a winner even before we make it; but if there is even a slightest bit of doubt in your mind, I insist you to blow that away and give this a try. You will thank me for this!
I really don’t know how many chicken recipes I will end up with in my blog; or will there really be any end to it ever! I guess not! If you are not a chicken lover, do not worry or feel disappointed. I have many promising recipes which are absolutely chicken-free. You can check out my array of vegetarian recipes and take your pick from some amazing Indian curries or some delicious cheesy or spicy roasted veggies. We had loved them equally and they are my star recipes too!
Coming back to these spicy honey garlic chicken, if you are chicken lover like us, I do not need to convince you much about this. I am sure you are already drooling over these lip-smacking pictures :). So, the wait is over and you can pretty well start making it immediately!
Life is full of surprises and that’s what make it worth living, right? The kind of surprises this year started with has made me reflect upon life more closely. And when you have the most desirable company of the most loved person of your life, no shake or quake can make your roots weak. You must be wondering why I am suddenly on a trip of life philosophy! That’s because while devouring this cute little honey garlic chicken, I was so absorbed in its deliciousness that it took me on a ride of thoughts on life and its meaning! Ha! No, don’t worry! It’s not a philosophical recipe. It’s actually an unbelievably tasty thing which will remind you about all good things in life and shoo away all the negativity! Trust me on this.
A quick note before signing off for the day – you may face a bit difficulty to get your hands on panko but do lookout for online retailers. This honey garlic chicken bites turn out best with panko; but if there is no way you can get panko, go ahead and use regular breadcrumbs. The wonderful honey garlic sauce will make up for the absence of panko. Enjoy!
Adapted from JoCooks.
- Chicken breast – 2, boneless and skinless
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Egg – 2, beaten
- Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) – 1 cup (can be substituted with regular breadcrumbs)
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
- Honey – ¼ cup
- Soy sauce – ¼ cup
- Sriracha sauce – 3 tbsp
- Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts. Cut each into small bite sized pieces about 1 inch long. Season them with salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat all chicken pieces with flour and shake off any excess. Now dip each chicken bite into the beaten egg and finally coat each piece really well with panko.
- Once all chicken pieces are coated, deep fry them in vegetable oil for 5 to 7 minutes on medium heat until they turn beautiful golden brown and cooked through.
- Take them out and set aside on a kitchen towel while you prepare the honey garlic sauce.
- Take all the ingredients listed under the sauce in a small saucepan and bring them to boil over medium heat. Then simmer it for couple of minutes until the sauce thickens. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Drizzle half the sauce over the chicken and lightly toss them so that the chicken pieces are fully coated.
- Garnish the honey garlic chicken bites with a good sprinkling of sesame seeds and serve hot with the remaining sauce for dipping. Enjoy!