Spicy honey garlic chicken bites are the easiest, quickest and yummiest chicken snack that you could ever possibly make!
If you are looking for a quick chicken snack for jazzing up your weekend brunch or to set your game day with friends, then look no further! I have just got the right thing for you!
These spicy honey garlic chicken bites are simply amazing to have as a quick bite as well as are perfect crowd-pleaser to serve in a party and see your friends go ooh-la-la over it!
Bite sized foods are good for many things like satisfying your sudden craving of eating something fancy or to delight your group of friends who had suddenly appeared unannounced! These honey garlic chicken bites fit in perfectly as they are easy to make yet addictive to eat!
The honey garlic chicken bites are super crispy thanks to the panko; but once the incredible honey garlic sauce is drizzled over them, it goes to another level of tastiness which you will only know after you taste this honey garlic chicken.
Now chicken is already a favorite of ours and any quick snack made of chicken is already a winner even before we make it; but if there is even a slightest bit of doubt in your mind about this honey garlic chicken, I insist you to sweep that away and give this a try. You will thank me for this!
I really don’t know how many chicken recipes I will end up with in my blog; or will there really be any end to it ever! I guess not! If you are not a chicken lover, do not worry or feel disappointed. I have many promising recipes which are absolutely chicken-free.
You can check out my array of vegetarian recipes and take your pick from some amazing Indian curries or some delicious cheesy or spicy roasted veggies. We had loved them equally and they are my star recipes too! If you are looking for bite sized vegetarian recipes, do let me know in comment below and I will surely bring them for you all!
Coming back to these spicy honey garlic chicken, if you are chicken lover like us, I do not need to convince you much about this. I am sure you are already drooling over these lip-smacking pictures :).
So, the wait is over and you can pretty well start making it immediately! Getting a pair of chicken breast is not challenging at all I believe, but at the same time you can use boneless pieces of chicken thighs as well. Only the cooking time will vary as chicken breasts cook a lot faster than anything else.
Even though I wasn’t too fond of chicken breasts, I still used to make my honey garlic chicken simply because this recipe of honey garlic chicken would not let them turn into dry and tough meat. For bite sized chicken snacks, chicken breasts can work well if you use the right ingredients.
Life is full of surprises and that’s what make it worth living, right? The kind of surprises that this year started with has made me reflect upon life more closely. And when you have the most desirable company of the most loved person of your life, no shake or quake can make your roots weak.
You must be wondering why I am suddenly on a philosophical trip! That’s because while devouring this cute little honey garlic chicken, I was so absorbed in its deliciousness that it took me on a ride of thoughts on life and its meaning! Ha!
No, don’t worry! It’s not a philosophical recipe. This honey garlic chicken is actually an unbelievably tasty thing which will remind you about all good things in life and wipe out all the negativity! Trust me on this.
A quick note before signing off for the day – if you face any challenge to get your hands on panko breadcrumbs, you can lookout for online portals.
Panko is a Japanese style breadcrumbs which are significantly lighter in color and significantly crispier in taste than regular breadcrumbs giving the food a super-crispy outer texture with a beautiful golden color. Once you taste panko, you will go crazy for it just like I did and this honey garlic chicken bites turn out best with panko.
But if you cannot source panko in any possible way, go ahead and use regular breadcrumbs because there is no reason to deprive yourself from this incredible honey garlic chicken bites. The wonderful honey garlic sauce will make up for the absence of panko. Enjoy!
Adapted from JoCooks.
- Chicken breast – 2, boneless and skinless
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Egg – 2, beaten
- Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) – 1 cup (can be substituted with regular breadcrumbs)
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
- Honey – ¼ cup
- Soy sauce – ¼ cup
- Sriracha sauce – 3 tbsp
- Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts. Cut each into small bite sized pieces about 1 inch long. Season them with salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat all chicken pieces with flour and shake off any excess. Now dip each chicken bite into the beaten egg and finally coat each piece really well with panko.
- Once all chicken pieces are coated, deep fry them in vegetable oil for 5 to 7 minutes on medium heat until they turn beautiful golden brown and cooked through.
- Take them out and set aside on a kitchen towel while you prepare the honey garlic sauce.
- Take all the ingredients listed under the sauce in a small saucepan and bring them to boil over medium heat. Then simmer it for couple of minutes until the sauce thickens. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Drizzle half the sauce over the chicken and lightly toss them so that the chicken pieces are fully coated.
- Garnish the honey garlic chicken bites with a good sprinkling of sesame seeds and serve hot with the remaining sauce for dipping. Enjoy!