This stir fried rice noodles with chicken sausage is my all-time favorite quick fix when it comes to quick meals which become ready under 30 minutes.
This recipe is due for way too long. This quick and easy stir fried rice noodles was made by me multiple times when I had to fix something too quickly. But there is no compromise on taste whatsoever! Well when you add sausage to any dish, it immediately becomes something special – too delicious to be precise!
Rice noodles are very thin and do not have too much body. Sausages add right balance to the stir fried dish making it a wholesome one-pot meal. I added all my favorite veggies – carrots and green bell peppers – to easily make it more nutritious as well as more colorful.
We just came from a 10-days long vacation. While roaming around is utter fun, but outside food for so many days kills our taste buds; don’t you feel the same? We die to come back to our comfort food as soon as we are back home. As Indians our comfort food is always rice and curry at any given day and for us Bengalis it could also be rice and fish curry.
At the same time I like such one-pot meals too which come from kitchen to table straight under 30 minutes. Though my main attraction is obviously the sausages, but I find the combination of noodles with veggies and chicken is just right to have that balanced meal with right amount of protein, fiber and carbs!
I generally do not talk about nutritional factors of my recipes as I find it quite confusing. And since I am not confident enough, I don’t want to give out any wrong information. I share those recipes which I make at home and enjoy it together with my family. And I strongly believe that my recipes are able to bring happiness to someone or the other and that’s the ultimate objective of my blog.
This recipe of stir fried noodles with sausage may not seem significant enough to share in my blog; but as I said I share what I cook at home and is loved by me and my family too. There were many such recipes which couldn’t make an appearance here even when it took significant effort to make it only because they failed to impress us. And what has already proved to be disappointing to us can’t make its way to my esteemed readers. With that note, I am leaving you for today with my short and sweet recipe of stir fried rice noodles with chicken sausages!
- Rice noodles – 250 gms
- Carrot – 1, large, cut into juliennes (thin long strips)
- Green bell pepper – 1, cut into thin strips
- Chicken sausage – 8 to 10
- Vegetable oil – 4 tbsp
- Light soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- White vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Red chilli flakes – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Cook the rice noodles as per the package instructions. Drain and set it aside.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick skillet. Sauté the chicken sausages until golden brown. Take them out and cut into 2 cm thick roundels.
- Now add remaining oil to the skillet and sauté the julienned carrots and green bell pepper until cooked but still retain some crunch.
- While the vegetables are getting cooked, take a small bowl and mix together light soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, garlic paste, red chilli flakes and salt to taste. Give a good whisk.
- Once the veggies are done, pour the sauce in and sauté it on medium-high flame for couple of minutes.
- Now add the cooked rice noodles and stir fry for 6 to 8 minutes on medium to high flame. Check and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Tip in the cooked sausage roundels and mix well. Take off the flame and sprinkle freshly chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with your favorite ketchup!