An easy yet flavor loaded broccoli & chicken pasta with white sauce is my favorite go-to pasta dish when it comes to fuss-free yet delicious meals.
It is time for a simple pasta recipe and today’s chicken pasta with white sauce fits the bill perfectly. This easy yet delicious broccoli and chicken pasta with white sauce is a comfort meal in true sense.
It has been quite some time that we had devoured some pasta at home and I had this packet of cute Amori pasta lying in my cupboard. So, when I chanced upon this recipe in Kitchn, I quickly made up my version of chicken pasta with white sauce and had an amazing wholesome pasta for dinner!
Broccoli and chicken are killing combination for pastas if you ask me. It is needless to mention the nutritional benefit of broccoli as you already might be aware of its potential; but I must emphasize its deliciousness in this pasta recipe.
If you are really a broccoli-hater, this broccoli & chicken pasta might turn you to a broccoli-lover; try this! Of late we were busy in planning and packing for our upcoming winter trip which is why such quick & easy chicken pasta with white sauce is ideal for wrapping up dinner quickly!
This helped us invest more time in finalizing the trip itinerary. This is gonna be a longer trip than our usual ones which are mostly weekend gateways; but this time we will be out for 10 days!
That’s quite exciting for us! Since we will be out on trip for quite some time, I didn’t want to hold back this recipe of chicken pasta with white sauce any longer; you guys need to have this in your life!
Our vacation spot this time is God’s own country and that’s Kerala! During this trip we are definitely going to miss homemade food and that’s why we are only having such comfort food at home now and avoiding take-aways as much as possible.
But to be very honest, this broccoli and chicken pasta with white sauce is too good to even have a special reason to make; you will simply fall in love with it just like me and can even crave for it every week!
This pasta is clean and simple with very few ingredients and I suggest you not to overpower the flavor of broccoli and chicken with anything else. The creamy white sauce tastes best with this green and white combination of broccoli and chicken.
If you are looking for a pasta recipe which is loaded with veggies, then check out my recipe of pizza pasta bake; I bet you will love it! Not fond of chicken in your pasta and looking for an all-veggie option?
Go straight to my recipe of easy cheesy broccoli pasta bake which is ideal for the vegetarians or is the perfect fit for your menu on meatless Mondays! Pasta contributes significantly to our regular meals even though we do love our dal-rotis and rice-curries a lot being true-blue Indians.
There is no harm in having multiple loves in your life, right, but strictly with respect to food, ha! Do try this chicken pasta with white sauce adding loads of broccoli of course and as always, enjoy!
- Short pasta – 250 gms (I used Amori, you can use penne, rigatoni or any short pasta)
- Broccoli – 250 gms, cut into florets
- Chicken breast – 250 gms, boneless and skinless
- Unsalted butter – 3 tbsp
- Vegetable oil – 4 tbsp
- Garlic – 5 to 7 cloves, minced
- All-purpose flour – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1 & ½ cups
- Heavy cream – ½ cup
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil a large pot of heavily salted water and cook the pasta in it as per the package instructions. Once the pasta is al dente, reserve a cup of pasta water and drain the rest. Keep the pasta in a colander until further use.
- Steam the broccoli florets for 10 minutes until cooked but still crunchy. Season with salt and set them aside.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken breast and season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoon of butter in a frying pan and place the chicken breast on it. Let the chicken cook without disturbance and develop a deep golden color. This could take anywhere between 10 to 15 minutes on medium-low heat. Then flip it over and cook the other side until deep golden brown. Take it out and set aside.
- In a deep pot, add the remaining butter and the oil. Once hot, add the minced garlic and saute for a minute.
- Then add the flour and keep stirring on low heat until the raw smell of the flour is gone; but make sure not to burn the flour otherwise you will have to start all over again.
- Add the milk and heavy cream and keep stirring. As the milk starts to boil, the sauce will become thicker. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Once the sauce comes to your desired consistency, turn off the flame.
- Before mixing pasta and broccoli with the sauce, I like to toss or stir fry them in some garlic oil for some extra flavor. It is entirely my personal touch and I am sure you will like it too!
- Now take the pasta and broccoli in a deep pot and pour the white sauce over it. Give a mix with light hands ensuring all the broccoli florets do not break down.
- Cut the sautéed chicken breast into strips and serve over pasta. Drizzle few drops of extra virgin olive oil if needed and serve your warm chicken pasta with white sauce with your favorite red wine. Enjoy!