This showstopper pasta with chicken sausages and all the goodness of veggies baked to perfection with lots of cheese is a crowd-pleasing cross between pizzas and pastas!
As you must be getting ready for the year-end parties and fun, I thought of sharing this wonderful recipe which can be perfect to serve a crowd. This is pizza pasta bake which is a fun recipe without any hard work. This has lots of goodness of veggies hidden under the cheesiness which everyone loves. So even if you have a fussy veggie-hating kid, you won’t have much problem with him/her falling for this dish.
Before going into further details of this recipe, let’s do some meaningless chit chat. What do you say?
Two more work weeks left in this year before the fun begins. Both the coming weeks are shorter than usual with Christmas and New Year falling on Fridays! How cool is that! Two consecutive long weekends implies nothing else other than double the fun and enjoyment!
I love the merry mood around this time of the year all over the globe and I feel it’s kind of infectious. No matter how good or bad your current year was, we always feel joyful about the coming one, which I believe is the best way to live life – learn from the mistakes of past and take on the challenges of future!
You go girl!
Well, this chit chat is not all that meaningless, isn’t it? I actually uttered something very important – learning from your own mistakes! Like I learn every time from my disaster food experiments! And then I move on! To take on new challenges and create new disasters! This way I set up new benchmark of mistakes with every new disasters I create!
I am serious! I am very serious about my learnings!
Ok! Let’s get back to the recipe of the day.
I adapted this recipe from one of my favorite you tubers Beth from Entertaining with Beth. I feel she has endless awesome recipes and I keep trying my hands on them. This classic turned out to be an instant hit. This not only looks good but also makes you craving for more.
I simply fell in love with this baked pasta dish as it has everything I like. It has chicken sausages, celery, carrots and onions and all these came together to create a match made in heaven. With the gooey cheese on top, you will never feel less mesmerized! This is a sure-shot crowd pleasure; try it in one of your family dinners during the holidays and you will thank me for this!
- Pasta – 250 gms (I used Rigatoni. Any short pasta will work here)
- Ready cooked chicken Sausage – 250 gms, chopped
- Olive oil – 4 tbsp
- Italian seasoning – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 2, large, finely chopped
- Carrot – 1, medium, diced
- Celery stalk – 4, diced (My home-grown celery stalks are quite thin which is why I used 4, use 2 if the stalk is thick)
- Tomato puree – 100 ml
- Garlic – 2 to 4 cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mozzarella cheese – 200 gms, grated
- Freshly chopped parsley – 1 tbsp
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve a cup of pasta water and drain the pasta. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a large pot heat the olive oil. Sautee minced garlic, onion, carrot and celery until tender which will take about 5 to 8 minutes. Then add tomato puree and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for five minutes on medium flame until tomato puree is somewhat reduced.
- Now add the drained pasta to the sauce pot. Toss to coat and transfer the pasta mixture into a large oven safe casserole dish.
- Cover the pasta with grated mozzarella cheese and place casserole under the broiler for 2-4 mins until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Make sure to keep an eye while your pasta is under the broiler as few seconds delay can turn your pasta from showstopper to disaster!
- Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley and serve it directly on the table for the whole family! Bon appetite!