These banana zucchini muffins are power packed breakfast goodies which will be loved by everyone across the board – even the remotest zucchini lovers!
It has been a long time I have shared a nice breakfast recipe. This recipe of banana zucchini muffins is a perfect comeback to breakfast – a real power packed one!
I am really not a breakfast person which has become an irreversible habit by now but when you have such a wonderful make ahead recipe, I would be more than happy to have breakfast every day!
I was also not baking sweet treats for quite a long time and I wanted to break that jinx.
So, decided to start with something quick and easy which won’t require to measure the ingredients with utmost precision. What could be better than this stress-free zucchini muffins!
After making zucchini fritters and Parmesan baked zucchini, I was looking for some new use of this wonder veggie. Oh yes!
How can I forget my zucchini and mushroom quiche! I badly needed a recipe which uses zucchini in a totally different way! After lot of searches, I found this one in Martha Stewart’s channel!
Honestly speaking, initially I was a bit skeptical about using zucchini in a sweet muffin as I was not sure if it would suit our taste buds.
But I trusted Sarah Carey’s excitement when she was showing the prepared muffins and they all seemed way too tempting.
I can’t be thankful enough for going ahead with these zucchini muffins – they turned out to be the perfect treat with your first cup of tea every morning!
In this recipe of zucchini muffins, zucchini acts as a power booster and adds all the natural goodness to your breakfast. You will hardly taste the zucchini in here; so, it’s a good trick to hide zucchini for those who are not too fond of it.
Another best thing about these babies are that they are completely fat free! You can actually call them ‘skinny’ zucchini muffins!
Even without the fat, these muffins are extremely soft and moist thanks to the ripe bananas. Make sure to use very ripe bananas which you may not like to eat as is.
You can also add some crunch by throwing in some seeds or chopped nuts – like flax seeds or hazelnuts – it will take the power quotient of your muffins a notch up!
All in all, these zucchini muffins are total win-win for both the weight-watchers as well as taste-lovers! Enjoy!
- All-purpos flour – 1 & ¾ cup
- Light brown sugar – 1 cup, lightly packed
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 2 tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Grated zucchini – 1 & ½ cup (1 large zucchini will be good enough)
- Mashed banana – 1 & ½ cup (Use a ripe banana)
- Milk – ¾ cup (use whole milk for richness)
- Egg – 1, large
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Preheat your oven to 180 C / 350 F. Line a 12 cup muffin tray with cupcake liners. Alternatively you can spray the muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and give them a good whisk to blend well.
- Add the grated zucchini and mashed banana to the flour mixture and stir with a spatula to combine.
- In another small bowl, whisk together milk, egg and vanilla extract. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined but make sure not to over-mix.
- Divide the batter among 12 muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let the muffins cool completely in the muffin tray on a wire rack.
- Serve the power-packed zucchini muffins warm or at room temperature with your favorite hot beverage! Enjoy!
Liked the recipe? Let us know!