Looking for a spicy chicken wings recipe which can be turned around in just a matter of minutes? This one is definitely for you then – super quick and super delish!
You can never go wrong with chicken wings! No one can! Chicken wings are such easy things to deal with that you will adore them from the bottom of your heart. They cook superfast, they don’t go dry like chicken breasts and any sauces or spices cling to them so well making them super tasty. Also you can bake them or fry them – basically you can play with them in whatever way you want to and they will turn out delicious always! That’s a guarantee!
My today’s recipe is no exception. This time I made the spicy wings by deep frying them and then tossed them in a delicious hot sauce. Sriracha is our new-found love and I am using it wherever possible. These spicy chicken wings get their spicy quotient from our beloved Sriracha only! In case you are not familiar with Sriracha, it is a super-hot red sauce and do use it carefully because it is really really hot!
It’s been long that I have bought any kitchen gadget and it’s quite unusual for me. The last one I bought was a mini chopper from Russell Hobbs which has proved to be a darling in my kitchen as it does my most-hated job – chopping onions – super efficiently without making me cry! But I am not sure if I like this one more or the Russell Hobbs spice/coffee grinder since that one too is a cute little genie!
The reason I am thinking about kitchen gadgets is simply because I just saw some cool deal on a rice cooker/steamer which I was eyeing at for long; although I am not sure where I would place it in my tiny kitchen! Do you use/have used a rice cooker? Do you think it would be useful to get one? Do let me know; then I will somehow try creating a place for the new member!
If you are as passionate a cook as I am then I am sure you must be thinking of your dream kitchen at times if you already do not own one. I do; many times a day. My dream kitchen is gonna be my wonderland which I will design on my own handpicking each and every item. But there is still some time to wait for that dream kitchen to materialize. For now let’s concentrate on this spicy chicken wings!
As I have already informed you that you can never go wrong with chicken wings, it is very true. Serve it to a crowd at your next house party and each of your guests will thank you for this! Just make sure to cook up a big batch since this stuff is addictive and vanishes within seconds!
Before leaving you with the recipe, last note of the day – if you are not very fond of deep-fried stuff but still want to have an amazing chicken wings, hop over to my baked buffalo chicken wings recipe and you will love it!
- Chicken wings (skin on) – 8
- Corn flour – ½ cup
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil (preferably canola oil) for deep frying
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp, for garnishing
- Sriracha sauce – 3 tbsp
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Hoisin sauce – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Wash and pat dry the chicken wings and cut each wing at the joint into 2 pieces. Add salt and pepper and mix to coat them well.
- Spread the corn flour on a shallow dish. Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan.
- Take one piece of chicken wings at a time and place it on the corn flour. Coat each side well with the flour, then shake off the excess and tip it into the hot oil.
- Fry the chicken wings until each side turns golden brown for about 2 minutes per side on medium heat. Take them out and place on a paper towel.
- Now heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a skillet. While the oil is heating up, mix all the ingredients listed under sauce in a bowl.
- Add the sauce mix to the skillet and let it come to a boil and thicken. It would take couple of minutes.
- As soon as the sauce comes to a boil, add the fried chicken wings and quickly toss them in the sauce so that each side of the wings are coated well with the sauce. The sauce will thicken more and cling to the wings.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the chicken wings and serve hot. They taste amazing even without any dip!