Looking for a spicy chicken wings recipe which can be turned around in just a matter of minutes? This spicy chicken wings recipe is definitely for you then – super quick and super delish!
You can never go wrong with spicy chicken wings! No one can! Chicken wings are such easy things to deal with that you will adore them from the bottom of your heart. They cook superfast, they don’t go dry like chicken breasts and any sauces or spices cling to them extremely well making them super tasty. Also, you can bake them or fry them – basically you can play with them in whatever way you want to and they will turn out delicious always! That’s a guarantee! My today’s recipe of hot & spicy chicken wings is no exception. This time I made the spicy chicken wings by first deep frying them and then tossed them in a delicious hot sauce. Sriracha is our new-found love and I am using it wherever possible. These spicy chicken wings get their spicy quotient from our beloved Sriracha only! In case you are not familiar with Sriracha, it is a super-hot red sauce and do use it carefully because it is really really hot!
I have already told you that you can never go wrong with chicken wings and it is indeed true. On top of it, if you make a spicy chicken wings such as this one, you are already winning the game. Serve these spicy chicken wings to a crowd at your next house party and watch how each of your guests thank you for this! Just make sure to cook up a big batch of these crazy hot & spicy chicken wings since this stuff is addictive and vanishes within seconds! The chicken wings are coated with cornflour/cornstarch to give them a very crispy coating outside and then tossed in a spicy sauce which gives them a makeover and presents to you the loveliest hot & spicy chicken wings of all time! Don’t worry, the sauce won’t make the spicy chicken wings soggy; you will have a killer combination of crispiness and spiciness!
Whenever I make deep fried stuff like these spicy chicken wings, I always wish to have an electric deep fryer as seen on various TV shows; I feel it would make me look a lot fancier while frying up these chicken wings! I love all such fancy kitchen gadgets that they show in various cooking shows and dream to own them all but I know not all of them are as useful as they make them look like! It’s been long that I have bought any kitchen gadget and it’s quite unusual for me. The last one I bought was a mini chopper which has proved to be a darling in my kitchen as it does my most-hated job, which is chopping onions by the way, super efficiently without making me cry! So, is it time to get a new one? An electric fryer may be? Do you guys use one and find it useful? Although I am not sure where I would place it in my tiny kitchen!
I am not sure if my spicy chicken wings will taste better if fried in one of those fancy-looking electric deep fryers; but for now, my stove-top deep fryer also worked very nicely and produced some very delicious spicy chicken wings for us. This recipe of chicken wings is a very customizable one, especially if you are no too fond of spicy stuff. You can fry up the chicken wings with the corn flour coating as instructed below and then toss them in whatever sauce you like. Barbecue sauce, honey-lime sauce, Buffalo sauce are some of the options you can go for and each one will turn out to be superbly delish. While coating your fried wings with sauce, just make sure not to add too much as too much liquid may turn the wings soggy. You cannot sacrifice the crispiness of these super-crispy chicken wings whatsoever. Whatever sauce you choose, I can guarantee that these crispy fried chicken wings are sure to win you over!
- Chicken wings (skin on) – 8
- Corn flour – ½ cup
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp, for garnishing
- Sriracha sauce – 3 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Hoisin sauce – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Corn flour / cornstarch – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Wash and pat dry the chicken wings and cut each wing at the joint into 2 pieces. Add salt and pepper and mix to coat them well.
- Spread the corn flour on a shallow dish. Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan.
- Take one piece of chicken wings at a time and place it on the corn flour. Coat each side well with the flour, then shake off the excess and tip it into the hot oil.
- Fry the chicken wings until each side turns golden brown for about 2 minutes per side on medium heat. Take them out and place on a paper towel.
- Now heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a skillet. While the oil is heating up, mix all the ingredients listed under sauce in a bowl.
- Add the sauce mix to the skillet and let it come to a boil and thicken. It would take couple of minutes.
- As soon as the sauce comes to a boil, add the fried chicken wings and quickly toss them in the sauce so that each side of the wings are coated well with the sauce. The sauce will thicken more and cling to the wings.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the spicy chicken wings and serve hot. They taste amazing even without any dip!