These oatmeal-crusted crispy Cajun chicken breasts spiced with mind-blowing Cajun seasoning will be a show-stopper at your dinner table!
Crispy Cajun chicken breast has proved to be a stunning discovery and a no-fuss dinner for a weeknight. This crispy Cajun chicken breast is not only delicious but also simple and quick to make allowing you to have a stress-free time in kitchen. Cajun was a style of cooking which originated in Louisiana from a group of people who had their roots in France but were immigrants to Canada. They are known as Acadians and are a unique cultural group with their own language. This Cajun spice, inspired from this culture, has a fantastic strong aroma and makes even the most boring chicken breast crave-worthy by turning it into a crispy Cajun chicken!
I had explored so many recipes with chicken breasts on multiple blogs and YouTube that it was high time I myself make something on the similar line. But this one ingredient had always been my weakness which is nothing but chicken breasts! Yes, it’s so easy to go wrong with this piece of meat that it really worries me at times. When I order the chicken steaks in our favorite continental restaurant, they never fail to amaze me with their soft and juicy chicken breasts. So, it became a challenge for me to create the same texture at home! Finally, I could break my jinx and produce this juicy chicken breast recipe in this mouth-watering Cajun chicken breasts!
I know that chicken breast is the least tasty portion of chicken as it contains no fat at all and is quite boring. So, if you don’t cook it right, it can easily turn into a disaster. But you know what the good thing is? If you could get yourself to learn how to cook this thing absolutely right, you would have a sure-shot blockbuster every time! Take this crispy Cajun chicken for example. You just need to monitor the cooking time correctly to get that perfect crispy Cajun chicken right every time. This one will really give your favorite restaurant’s any chicken breast recipe a run for its money and that’s a guarantee from me!
Look at this gorgeous piece of chicken breast and tell me who wouldn’t fall in love with this Cajun chicken! I have read about many breading processes for chicken breasts but finally decided to take the oatmeal way! I had a big bag of quick-cooking oats lying casually in my cupboards and I wanted to get done with them asap! And these two – chicken breasts and oat – clicked really well! Just imagine, two most un-appetizing ingredients met with each other and created such an amazing meal which will not only make everyone happy but also transform you into a rock-star! Enjoy!
- Chicken breast – 2
- Egg – 1, large
- Quick cooking oats – 2 cups
- Cajun seasoning – 1 tbsp
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Olive/Vegetable oil – 4 tbsp
- Clean and pat dry the chicken breasts. Place the chicken breasts between two layers of cling film or parchment paper and pound the chicken using a meat mallet to make it quarter of an inch thick. If you don’t have a mallet, you can use the heavy butt of a knife. This step will help to make a soft and juicy chicken.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and a pinch of Cajun seasoning. If you don’t have Cajun seasoning handy, try some paprika powder or chilli flakes.
- Beat the egg in a shallow dish and season with salt.
- Mix the oats and remaining Cajun seasoning in another dish to create a homogeneous mixture. Check and adjust the seasoning since the Cajun spice already contains some salt.
- Keep three things arranged side by side – chicken breast, beaten egg and Cajun spiced oats.
- Heat oil in a shallow non-stick frying pan. When the oil is hot, bring the flame down to medium-low.
- Take a chicken breast and dip it into the beaten egg. Lift it up and let the excess drip off.
- Then place it on the seasoned oats and coat both the sides making sure there is no gap left.
- Place the coated chicken breast onto the hot oil and cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Don’t cook on high heat as that will burn the outer coating leaving the chicken raw inside.
- You can check the doneness of the chicken by cutting through the thickest portion of the chicken breast. If there is no pink left and the juices run clear, it has been cooked through.
- Place the cooked chicken breast on absorbent kitchen towel for a minute. Serve your crispy Cajun chicken breasts with mayo or your favorite cheesy dip.