This eggless chocolate cake is that fail-proof recipe which is a must-have in your repertoire if you love to bake and treat your friends with your baked goodies but don’t want to leave out your non-egg-eating friends!
I was always intimidated by eggless cakes as I was always under the impression that my eggless cake would never turn out perfect. This particular eggless chocolate cake proved me wrong and I can’t be thankful enough! I finally took the plunge and tried my hands on making eggless chocolate cake as this recipe sounded really simple and easy. By God’s grace, I didn’t screw it up and every step was executed smoothly. You will see for yourself how easy this eggless chocolate cake is and I am sure by the time you finish reading this, you too will be motivated enough to take the plunge yourself in case you haven’t tried making eggless chocolate cake yet that is. I am personally inclined to vanilla cake more than chocolate cake but this one gave me a real opportunity to fill in the gap I had in eggless baking!
My next target would definitely be an eggless vanilla cake and I am gonna make it soon. I baked this eggless chocolate cake few times to make sure I am getting everything right and thankfully it turned out perfectly baked each time. Last time I baked this decadent cake for a friend of mine who doesn’t eat egg and she was simply overwhelmed as she gorged on this eggless chocolate cake heartily. Now I can counteract to people with proof when they would drop statements like “eggless cakes don’t rise properly” or “eggless cakes are not soft enough”; those are actually myths. I can bet that not all would even realize that there is no egg in it, if they are not baker themselves!
I do love baking cakes and plan to bake a lot, but only half of them gets materialized. No, I won’t admit it’s because of my laziness; it’s simply because something else takes up higher priority. As my blog is not a niche baking blog and contains all sorts of food, I get drawn to main course items more often than not. But I do plan to upscale my baking game in coming months and share more cakes and cookies recipe for you all. I am sure that all chocolate lovers out there will love this eggless chocolate cake which I am sharing today and in case you are one of them, I suggest you to not waste any more time and get baking this amazing eggless chocolate cake! I am sure you will thank me for this later!
I adopted this eggless chocolate cake recipe from Joy of Baking where Stephanie shares best ever cake recipes and I regard her as my baking guru. If you are an aspiring baker, I am sure you already know about Stephanie’s Joy of Baking YouTube channel where you will get endless number of amazing baking recipes with her impeccable teaching technique which I love. Be sure to try making this eggless chocolate cake next time when you are looking for something great to bake and enjoy; I am sure you will be happier than ever! Chocolate has its own power to bring happiness into everyone’s life; on top of it this recipe of eggless chocolate cake is super easy to make! Total win-win, right?
- All-purpose flour – 1 & ½ cup (195 gms)
- Granulated white sugar – 1 cup (200 gms)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – ¼ cup (25 gms), sifted
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ¾ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Unsalted butter – ⅓ cup (75 gms), melted [If using salted butter, skip the salt]
- Lukewarm water – 1 cup (240 ml)
- Lemon juice or white vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 177 degrees C and place the rack in center of oven.
- In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients – flour, sugar, sifted cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Now add the melted butter, water, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix all the ingredients together using a wire whisk until well blended. You won’t need an electric mixture for this cake. [Less clean up later! :D]
- Transfer the batter into a greased cake tin [I used a 8” round tin] and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Place the eggless chocolate cake on a wire rack to cool. Serves 8 to 10 people.
Thanks priya 🙂 The cake was yummylicious
Priyanka DK says
Thanks dear! 🙂
Eggless Cakes says
Nice and Simple info about Eggless Cakes. If you want to know more about Eggless and Egg free Cakes & different flavors of cakes
Eggless Cake Shop says
Wonderful blog post on Eggless Cake. Writing skills are very nice. Grateful for sharing worth information with us.