These roasted vegan cauliflower wings are the perfect substitute to the good old chicken wings for all my vegan readers out there! It is super simple to make and super delish to eat!
Cauliflower season is in and there is no better time than now to share my mind-blowing cauliflower wings recipe! These vegan cauliflower wings are real delight for all vegan foodies out there and the good news is that these roasted cauliflower wings are supremely easy to make!
A quick batter is all you need to make them and the rest of the work will be taken care of by your trusted oven. Cauliflower is a great veggie for roasting which attains a nutty flavor when charred; plus, this vegetable is firm enough to retain its shape after being roasted.
Hence these cauliflower wings are the ideal complementary companion of chicken wings for all the veg-lovers out there! If you are hosting the next game day at your place and was wondering what to prepare for your vegan friends, then these crazy roasted cauliflower wings are your answer!
Being a chicken loving family, I hardly get much scope to cook all-veggie recipe; but thankfully my husband loves cauliflower and keeps suggesting me different cauliflower recipes. Even though cauliflower is a well-loved vegetable in Indian cuisine, I am not too fond of it, may be because I already had a fare share of it!
But when I get to try any new cauliflower recipe, I am all game for it! Plus, internet is going crazy with cauliflower these days; so, I wouldn’t be anything but a fool if I don’t try the array of those amazing cauliflower recipes myself like this spicy roasted cauliflower wings!
I got the inspiration of this one from the popular vegan blog named ‘Hot for food’ and I can’t be thankful enough! These cauliflower wings are perfectly chewy as well as meaty in texture and tastes amazing when tosses with the spicy sauce!
Holiday season is around the corner and I am sure holiday preparations have already started which you can definitely tell seeing the stores getting filled with holiday goodies. We also have planned our holidays during end of the year and I am so looking forward to it.
But before that I have a full queue of recipes to share with you all and I am all geared up to meet my deadline! A recent computer disaster lead to a permanent loss of many of our recipe photos which left me immensely frustrated; but life has to move on and take its own course, right!
I can’t bring back what’s gone but I can definitely look forward to what more I can create and make myself as well as you guys happy. These cauliflower wings were one of the fortunate recipes whose photos remained safe and thankfully I can share it here with you all!
Interestingly enough, the most popular recipe of my blog till date is buffalo cauliflower bites which is another baked cauliflower recipe and is equally fascinating like these spicy roasted cauliflower wings.
While I come to think about it, I do have quite a few cauliflower recipes in my blog – this one or my second blog ‘Everyday Indian Recipes’. If you are looking for the Indian flagship recipe of aloo gobi, you will get that fantastic recipe here!
If you want to serve some quick snacks to your guests or just make a nibble to enjoy during your favorite Netflix show, then make these crispy & crunchy cauliflower popcorns which is one of my favorite cauliflower delicacies of all time! Looking for the internet sensation called cauliflower rice?
I have you covered! Hop over to my cauliflower fried rice recipe which has many tips & tricks to make the perfectly fluffy cauliflower rice from the very first go! Enjoy this winter veggie to the fullest and as always, enjoy!
- Cauliflower – 1 large head
- All-purpose flour – ¾ cup
- Rice flour – ¼ cup
- Garlic powder – 2 tsp
- Onion powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Paprika – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Schezwan sauce (or any other hot sauce of your choice) – ½ cup
- Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Wash and cut the cauliflower head into bite sized pieces, about an inch long. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 220 C / 450°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients except schezwan sauce (or hot sauce), ketchup & olive oil and whisk thoroughly to make a lump-free batter of pouring consistency. The batter must stick lightly to the cauliflower florets.
- Dip each cauliflower floret into the mixture and coat evenly. Tap off the excess batter a couple of times on the side of the bowl.
- Lay the batter coated cauliflower florets in an even layer on the parchment lined baking sheet without crowding the sheet; there must be some gap between two florets, else they will steam instead of being crispy roasted.
- Bake the coated cauliflower wings for 25 minutes until golden brown, flipping the florets over half way through to get all sides golden brown & crispy.
- While the cauliflower is baking, prepare the spicy wing sauce. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan and mix in hot sauce & tomato ketchup. Whisk them thoroughly to mix everything well. Do a taste test to adjust for seasoning. Set aside.
- Once the cauliflower is done its first bake in the batter, remove them from the oven and put all the baked florets into a mixing bowl and pour the prepared spicy wing sauce on top.
- Toss the florets to coat evenly, then spread all the florets coated in wing sauce onto the same baking sheet.
- Bake the tossed cauliflower wings in the oven for another 25 minutes flipping the florets over half way through. Finally take them out and serve hot with your favorite dip like ranch or garlic aioli. Enjoy!
Awesome post! Keep up the great work! 🙂