With these roasted garlic potato wedges, your favorite finger food even got better! Tell me, who wouldn’t like garlic and potato together!
If you think French fries are your all-time favorite finger food, then I challenge you to try these roasted garlic potato wedges and I can bet that your list topper will flip!
These roasted garlic potato wedges are so killingly addictive that no matter how much you make to feed a crowd, it will vanish in seconds!
I was in mood of making something super-simple yet super-tasty finger food for an in-house friends’ gathering, something which we can munch over drinks or mains; but to my surprise these roasted garlic potato wedges became the highlight of the menu.
Since you only need potatoes for this recipe (salt, pepper and oil can’t actually be called as ingredients; they are basics!), I had to make couple of additional batches to keep my friends sane and happy.
Potatoes are really universal. It is the simplest possible vegetable and loved by almost everyone. I mean who can resist those golden and crispy wedges of potatoes which invite you so temptingly!
I definitely can’t! You can surely tell how fond I am of potatoes looking into my recipe index; I already have shared more than 15 recipes involving potatoes some way or the other.
Roasted potato is one of its kind and these roasted garlic potato wedges is the undisputed winner! Also do check out my step-by-step video on how to make roasted garlic.
New year had just begun and already more than 15 days are over! I really can’t seem to keep up with time at times. No matter how hard I try, all my schedules get tangled up leaving me all frustrated.
We have planned so many delicious recipes to share in this space and wishing make this year a memorable one for our blog; but even after the perfect shoots and editing, I fail to keep up with my publishing schedule.
I really suck at multi-tasking! My tiny brain remains pre-occupied with million things keeping me engrossed in useless thoughts and the clock keeps ticking away! Does this happen to any of you?
I think I am like these potato wedges (yes, I admit that I am an ideal example of ‘couch potato’) but without the garlic infused butter. I too need a drizzle of hot garlic butter to shake off my sluggishness.
These roasted garlic potato wedges have definitely taught me an important lesson of life and that is – you don’t need to be too fancy or complicated to be successful; a simple drizzle of garlic butter can make things work for you and make you super-successful.
These roasted garlic potato wedges are so simple that they don’t even make a recipe – salt and pepper are something which you add in every edible stuff; real player is the roasted garlic that brings in the real punch!
That roasted garlic is what sets you class apart and make people go crazy for you! And that’s the very thing you need to discover about yourself – what brings out the best in you and sets you class apart? Food for thought? Yes!
Now let’s enjoy these roasted garlic potato wedges with this invigorating thought.
- Potato – 4 to 6, medium size
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 head
- Unsalted butter – 2 tbsp
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat your oven at 200 C / 400 F.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut each potato into quarter inch thick wedges. Place them in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix them well using a spatula. Set aside.
- Cut the top of a garlic head to expose the cloves. Place it on an aluminum foil and drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the exposed garlic cloves. Wrap the head of garlic tightly inside the aluminum foil.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (this will ensure easy clean-up). Dump the seasoned potato wedges on the baking sheet and arrange them in a single layer. If the potatoes are not arranged in a single layer, they will not turn up crispy. Also, never over-crowd the baking sheet as too many wedges in a baking sheet will end up soggy.
- Then place the foil-wrapped garlic at one corner of the baking sheet as shown in the video.
- Bake the potatoes along with garlic in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Then take them out and flip the wedges over. Then bake them for another 20 minutes or until crispy.
- The garlic head will also roast along with the potatoes. Let the roasted garlic cool down a bit. Then squeeze out the buttery smooth roasted cloves of garlic into a bowl and mash them.
- Heat unsalted butter in a small sauce pan. Once butter melts, add the mashed roasted garlic and quickly stir fry them for couple of minutes until the butter becomes fragrant making sure it doesn’t burn.
- Drizzle this garlic butter on the roasted potato wedges ensuring all the wedges are coated with it.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve the roasted garlic potato wedges with your favorite ketchup! Enjoy!