This ultra-delish stir-fried mushroom and chicken noodles is the best thing you can make for yourself and your family on the coming weekend!
As promised in my last post of Chicken Dim Sum, here is my best ever stir fried mushroom & chicken noodles recipe which is bursting with flavors from a killer combination of various sauces. This chicken noodles carry just the right balance of sweetness, sourness and heat with perfect depth of flavor.
It is so good that you will always crave for more and keep wondering how you survived without this uber-tasty chicken noodles recipe until now!
This chicken noodles is a wholesome meal in itself – packed with protein from chicken, nutrition from mushrooms and amazing flavors from all the aromatics like ginger, garlic and spring onions.
To bring everything together there is this amazing stir-fry sauce combo whose taste will keep tickling your senses long after you are done with your meal.
As mentioned in my last post, I am celebrating Chinese food in my blog lately, but this occurred out of sheer coincidence. I only realized it while I was writing down my recipe for Chicken Dim Sum and it was published immediately after the quintessential Chinese Kung Pao Chicken!
I do not regret this tasty coincidence at all as all these Chinese dishes are my personal favorites. They are quick and not complicated at all. Same goes for this scrumptious stir fried mushrooms & chicken noodles which is loaded with mind-blowing Chinese flavors.
This is one such dish which will delight both kids & adults alike; plus, you can enjoy this chicken noodles for lunch or dinner or even serve it as after-school snacks. This is one wonderful all-rounder recipe!
Another good thing of this chicken noodles recipe is that it is open to all kinds of experiments. The instructions I have shared below are just guidelines and not any strict rules. I have only shared the combination of sauces and veggies which worked best for us in our version of chicken noodles.
You are most welcome to tweak them as per your liking. If you like it hot, add more chilli sauce; if you like it sweet & sour, play with the amount of brown sugar and vinegar. It’s just like a blank canvas and you are the renowned painter; so be at your creative best!
I have made stir fried chicken noodles many times since I have started cooking; but this one is ‘Best Ever’ in true sense of the terms, because before this chicken noodles happened, whenever I had made it, I felt there is something missing.
I have always secretly hoped that my chicken noodles would turn out equally good or even better than those popular Chinese fine dining restaurants but was always failing to achieve that. Finally, this flavorful stir fried mushroom & chicken noodles materialized exactly how I wanted it to be and I couldn’t be happier enough!
My better half, who is not as freaky about Chinese food as me, was also blown over with this version of chicken noodles and termed it as the best one I made till date! Hence, I could gather the confidence to share it with you labelling as my best ever chicken noodles.
You must give this a try irrespective of whether you like noodles or not; I am sure this version of chicken noodles loaded with garlic, mushrooms, green onions and that addictive sauce will win your heart over for good! Enjoy!
- Egg or veg noodles (dry) – 300 gms
- Boneless & skinless chicken breast – 500 gms
- Dry red chilli – 4, broken
- Onion – 1, large, thinly sliced
- Garlic – 6 to 8 cloves, minced
- Fresh ginger – ½ inch piece, grated
- Button mushrooms – 8 to 10, cut into thin slices
- Spring onion – 8 to 10, chopped, green and white part separated
- Vegetable oil – 4 to 6 tbsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Chinese five spice – ½ tsp
- Corn flour – 2 tsp
- Sale and black pepper to taste
- Oyster sauce – 2 tbsp
- Rice vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli sauce – 2 tbsp
- Light soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar – 1 tbsp
- Water or Chicken stock – ½ cup
- Boil a large pot of salted water and add the dry noodles to it. Cook them till ¾th done and drain. Rinse with cold water and keep it in a colander so that all the water drains off. Drizzle some vegetable oil and give a quick toss using a tong. Set aside and let it cool while you prepare the rest of the components.
- Cut the chicken breast into thin strips of about 1 inch length. Add all the ingredients listed under marinade and mix well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok. Add the chicken strips in a single layer and sauté them until golden brown and cooked through on medium high heat. Take them out and place on an absorbent kitchen towel. You may need to fry the chicken in batches.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the hot wok and sauté them on medium high heat until golden brown and cooked through. Season with pinch of salt. Take them out and set aside.
- Now add remaining oil to the wok and add the dry red chilles. Tip in the grated ginger and minced garlic. Sauté them until fragrant.
- Tip in the thinly sliced onion and saute them on high for 5 minutes or until translucent and soft.
- Next add the chopped white parts of the spring onion and toss them. Reserve the green part for the end.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk thoroughly. Add the sauce to the wok and stir to mix well with sautéed ginger, garlic and spring onions.
- Now add in the boiled noodles, sautéed chicken and mushrooms. Mix them using 2 forks so that everything is coated well with the sauce. Give some quick toss. Check and adjust for seasoning if needed.
- Sprinkle the spring onion greens and sesame seeds. Serve your steaming hot chicken noodles with ketchup or any of your favorite sauce.