My easy-peasy healthy & delicious chicken club sandwich is the quick fix for lunch-on-the-go or a lazy weekend brunch! Yumm!
No other thing can be easier than this chicken club sandwich and so delightful at the same time! I can bet on that! This one is so easy that I can even call it a cheat’s chicken club sandwich! I swear!
Did I tell you yet that I am a genuine sandwich-lover? Oh, I didn’t! My bad! There is definitely some mysterious connection between me and a good sandwich that I can’t ever overcome its irresistible attraction!
Whenever I see those crunchy, cheesy grilled breads packed with the melt-in-mouth stuffing in a café or somewhere, I feel like I am living only for them! Can you imagine those two pieces of toasted bread with some gooey filling inside could have such overwhelming power!
With such strong feelings towards sandwich, how could it be possible that my blog lacks a good chicken club sandwich recipe! I can’t allow that!
You all might already be well aware what chicken club sandwich is and how it looks. It is that 3 tier, or sometimes even more, sandwich holding mouth-watering chicken filling inside along with crunchy veggies.
When you make your own chicken club sandwich at home, you can design your own stuffing with whatever you like and avoid those that you don’t like; for example I don’t like too many crunchy veggies in my chicken club sandwich; so I avoid cucumber, onion, carrot or anything which is crunchy.
Instead I love to add tomatoes or some chopped lettuce along with my poached & shredded chicken. Plus, I need the stuffing of my chicken club sandwich to be as melty as it can get!
Who doesn’t love the cheese pull inside a pair of toasted breads? That’s what makes this café food so much tempting and make us craving for it all the time, isn’t it?
Even though I love to devour sandwiches, my blog does not host many sandwich recipes and this chicken club sandwich is the very first club recipe I am sharing.
Sandwich is one such item which I make majorly for weekend brunch when I get up very late and feel hungry but don’t feel motivated enough to cook a hearty meal. On such days, whatever sandwiches I make, they vanish instantly and we could never photograph them for the blog!
I know it sounds crazy but that’s what it is! So, this time I did some pre-planning and made couple of chicken club sandwich extra so that it could be captured in our camera by my better half and I can share it with you all. Finally, we succeeded!
This recipe of chicken club sandwich is really lovely and this stuff is very flexible too. You can customize it as you like it by playing around with the chicken flavors.
I added my favorite spicy mayo to my poached chicken; you can add barbecue sauce for which I already have a fail-proof recipe here! You can also become little more adventurous and try tossing your shredded chicken with hot buffalo sauce.
The possibilities are really endless with your chicken club sandwich and each time you can make a new version specifically for yourself. I kept mine quite simple this time because my chicken filling was yum enough to give my taste buds immense pleasure!
I am surely gonna come up with more variations of this chicken club sandwich soon enough; until then enjoy this classic version!
- Bone-in chicken breasts – 1, medium
- Mayonnaise or your favorite cheese dip – 4 tbsp
- Tomato – 1, small, thinly sliced
- Fresh lettuce leaves – 1 or 2 leaves
- Sandwich bread – 6 slices
- Salt if needed
- Boil a pot of salted water and add the chicken breast to it. Simmer them for 25 minutes or until cooked. Drain and let them cool.
- Once cooled, chop the cooked chicken breasts into small pieces. Put them in a bowl.
- Add the mayo (I used my favorite olive and herbs cheese spread) to the chicken and season with salt if only needed. Mix the chicken and mayo using a fork to make a smooth filling mixture. Set aside.
- Toast the bread slices lightly and cut each of them diagonally into 2 pieces.
- Now to assemble the sandwich, place one diagonally cut bread slice onto your cutting board.
- Take a tablespoon of chicken-mayo filling and spread it evenly on the bread.
- Place 2 pieces of sliced tomatoes and 2-3 torn lettuce leaves on top of the chicken mixture.
- Take another diagonally cut bread slice and arrange the filling, sliced tomatoes and torn lettuce leaves as exactly the same way as above.
- Place one filled bread slice on top of the other. Cover the top slice with another cut bread slice. Fix all three layers using a tooth-pick.
- Serve your chicken club sandwich with potato wafers and tomato ketchup! Enjoy!
Liked the recipe? Let us know!