Pan-fried noodles with shrimps and mix of veggies of your choice. It can be your ultimate comfort food.
Of late, I have been struggling a lot; struggling to understand the focus of my life. I have been working for eight odd years and suddenly have started to feel that this is not what I would really want to do for the rest of my life.
Well, I enjoy my job and try to give my best to it. And why shouldn’t I? I am working in my field of study and have always wanted to become an analyst.
I love the work I do but somehow a fair share of my love is being taken over by something else. And what that ‘something else’ can be other than my blog!
I am split between these two priorities worrying how to give my best to both of them! This is what is killing me!
My better half’s continuous encouragement and support is the primary reason behind the existence and growth of this blog. Only because of him this blog has come till 145th post and I can’t thank him enough.
When I hardly had any energy left after a hectic day in office and the last thing I could do was to crash on the bed, it was his wicked smile which pushed me to publish that favorite chicken recipe of him!
Today’s recipe is my personal favorite – pan-fried noodles with prawns. After the stir-fry veggie noodles, I thought of trying this pan-fried version which we had in a popular Chinese restaurant.
I loved the crispiness of pan-fried noodles with the sauce poured over it. The combination is so comforting that you would not mind to have a generous serving, trust me!
- Jumbo prawns – 400 gms
- Egg noodles – 200 gms
- Onion – 1, large,
- Red/green/yellow bell pepper – 1, medium
- Garlic – 4 to 5 cloves
- Dry red chilli – 1
- Light soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli sauce – 2 tbsp
- Oyster sauce – 2 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil as required
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the egg noodles according to packet instructions. Drain well and let it cool completely.
- Peel and devein the prawns. You can keep the tails intact to give it a pro-look. Add a pinch of salt and smear all over the prawns.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil and sauté the prawns until they are pink. Set aside.
- Slice the onions and bell pepper thinly. Mince the garlic cloves.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large wok. Tip in the dry red chilli and minced garlic.
- When the chilli and garlic become fragrant, add the sliced onions and stir-fry on medium-high heat.
- Next add the sliced bell peppers and fry till they turn soft.
- Now add the seasoning ingredients – vinegar, soy sauce, red chilli sauce oyster sauce, salt and pepper. [You can add half a teaspoon of sugar too to balance the sourness.] Mix everything well.
- Tip in the sautéed prawns and give a good stir. Keep aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in another large skillet. Once hot, add the drained noodles to it. Make sure the noodles are completely cooled.
- Fry the noodles on medium heat until they turn crispy. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Plate the pan-fried noodles on individual serving plates and top it with the spicy prawn mixture.
- Enjoy the crispy pan-fried noodles with prawns!
Lovely recipe! Definitely going to try this soon. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Priyanka DK says
Thanks! I’m sure you gonna love it! 🙂