My vegetarian chili & Garlic soy meatballs are the best bet for my vegetarian guests!
This year started with a very busy schedule! Busy during our vacation and even after that. Now that we are back to our work-place and to our regular routine, suddenly there are many tasks all at the same time.
The biggest one is to look out for a new place to stay as we need to vacate our current rented residence within a month! You can imagine how much work it would involve and that too after staying for close to 4 years in this apartment.
But no worries… life goes on and a change may be good at this time. I would get another chance to arrange my kitchen afresh and it’s needless to say that I love to do this! With my passion for cooking, my love (and possessiveness too!) for my kitchen tools and utensils has also grown exponentially. I just can’t keep them carelessly; they have significant contributions to all my cooking creation. I simply adore them!
Now to come to today’s recipe, I am sure you will adore this one too! This is a complete vegetarian delight, but being a devoted non-vegetarian myself, I loved it immensely. So I am sure this would please everyone’s platter. I have added many colors as I love to play with them; but at the same time they increase the nutrition quotient too. You can add any veggies of your choice to give it your personal signature – the soy balls will be as delicious as it is!
- Soy granules – ½ cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 1, chopped
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Pepper a pinch
- Red bell pepper – ½, cubed
- Green bell pepper – ½, cubed
- Yellow bell pepper – ½, cubed
- Spring onion bulbs – 2, sliced
- Garlic cloves – 1 tbsp, chopped
- Green chilies – 2, slit lengthwise
- Dark soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Chili sauce – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 tbsp
- White sesame seed for garnishing
- Black pepper – a pinch
- Boil the soy granules and water together for 5 minutes. Drain and refresh with cold water. Squeeze out any excess water and set aside.
- Now mix all the meatball ingredients together and form a firm dough. Divide the dough into small balls.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a deep skillet and tip in one soy ball carefully so that it doesn’t break. In case it breaks, add some more breadcrumbs to bind it. Fry another meatball to check. Once it fries easily without breaking, fry the rest of them and keep on an absorbent tissue to soak any excess oil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Add the sliced spring onion bulbs, bell pepper, garlic and chilies and sauté them on a high flame for couple of minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, tomato ketchup, vinegar, chili sauce and water. Mix well and then add the fried meatballs.
- Cook for a minute or two, adding a tablespoon of water if required. The sauce should be of a coating consistency.
- Once the meatballs are heated through in the sauce, sprinkle some white sesame seeds and black pepper. Serve hot.
This looks so lovely! Definitely worth a try…
This looks perfect!!Moutth Waatering