Summer is in full swing here in India and what could be better than a bowl of tangy mango salsa to beat the heat!
Mango is my best friend! I have never loved anything as much as I have loved mangoes my entire life!
And now is the perfect time to make some chilled mango salsa to serve with grilled salmon or to just savor on its own!
Either way, this mango salsa is simply delicious! Its natural sweetness is nicely balanced by the tanginess of lemon juice and some extra crunch is added by the chopped onions.
The kick of heat in this yummy mango salsa is added by the jalapeno and paprika. All in all, this mango salsa is a winner in this summer and you have to try this without fail.
This mango season will never be complete unless you make this mango salsa at home. Make it at home this summer with the help of this step-by-step video and don’t forget to let us know how it turned out!
- Ripe mango – 2
- Onion – 1, small
- red paprika – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- jalapeno – 2, finely chopped
- fresh cilantro – 1 cup, finely chopped
- lemon – 1
- salt to taste
- Peel and cut the ripe mangoes into small cubes of about 2 cm long. Put them in a bowl.
- Finely chop a small onion. Set aside.
- Finely chop the red paprika. I used preserved paprika in oil, but you can use fresh paprika as well.
- Finely chop jalapeno. I used preserved jalapeno in vinegar, but you can use fresh jalapeno as well.
- Finely chop fresh cilantro. Set them aside.
- Now to the bowl with mangoes, add paprika, jalapeno, cilantro and finely chopped onion one by one. Season it with salt to taste. Squeeze and drizzle juice of one lemon.
- Now give a good mix using a wooden spoon. Then cover with a cling film and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before servings so that the flavors mingle with each other.
- Serve the mango salsa with some grilled salmon. Enjoy!