Go meatless with these crazy Buffalo cauliflower bites! They are not only much healthier, but also insanely delicious and childishly easy to make!
If you think only the chicken wings deserve to be glazed with hot Buffalo sauce, then this recipe of Buffalo cauliflower bites will force you to rethink. Just wait until you take your first bite! These stuff is real crazy!
You won’t ever be reluctant again to go meatless on Mondays if you make these Buffalo cauliflower bites; on the contrary, you may even look for excuses to go meatless just for the sake of these crazy little beauties!
It has been a blessing for us that cauliflower has taken the internet cooking world by storm! This white healthy veggie is a regular part of our daily meals appearing in various versions of curries or fries.
Thanks to the current internet craze for cauliflower, I am able to try out new recipes with it and share them with you all. My quintessential aloo-gobi i.e. the potato-cauliflower curry, shared quite a while ago, is already a very much sought-after recipe of our blog which I urge you to take a look at if you haven’t already.
My Buffalo cauliflower bites are way more healthier because they are not deep fried. These are baked until crispy and then tossed with the delicious Buffalo sauce and broiled for the final glaze. You can fry these Buffalo cauliflower bites if you please and then coat with the sauce, but trust me, baked cauliflowers are equally scrumptious.
Once tossed with the sauce and broiled, they get a permanent makeover and become insanely addictive. We were already a sucker for Buffalo chicken wings which have become regular in my home, especially on the days of cricket match (you may already know that we Indians are way too much cricket crazy!).
When I noticed the Buffalo cauliflower bites are making rounds on the internet, I immediately decided to give it a try as I was somewhat sure that the Buffalo sauce won’t fail to make as much wonders on the cauliflowers as on the chicken wings! And I was so right!
The Buffalo sauce is something which always makes me curious. Every time I make this, I can’t help but think how can something as simple as this, i.e. mixing melted butter and some kind of hot sauce, be so tasty and becomes a brand in itself! I mean, com’on!
There should be some complications to such things so that we food bloggers and home chefs can add our customized touch to it and claim our contribution towards its greatness! But not this one!
As I mentioned above, these Buffalo cauliflower bites are childishly easy to make. Actually, you can involve your kids into the kitchen to make something as fun as this. This recipe of Buffalo cauliflower bites majorly comprises of mixing things up which your kids will happily help you with.
And once you broil the saucy cauliflower florets, the vibrant bright red color of these Buffalo cauliflower bites will bring instant joy to your kids’ face and they will feel highly accomplished. A perfect recipe to bring the family together, while making it as well as while devouring it!
- Cauliflower – 1 large head, cut into bite-size florets
- All-purpose flour – ½ cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Pepper – ½ tsp
- Melted butter – ¼ cup
- Hot sauce / red chili sauce – ⅔ cup
- Preheat your oven to 220 C / 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray/brush some cooking oil on top. Set is aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the marinade by adding flour, water, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Whisk them really well to make a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the marinade and toss them to coat with the flour mixture all over.
- Spread the marinated cauliflower florets on the prepared baking sheet and arrange them in a single layer.
- Bake the cauliflower in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, prepare the Buffalo sauce by mixing together the melted butter and hot sauce in a large bowl.
- Take the baked cauliflower out after about 20 minutes and drop them into the Buffalo sauce and give a good mix using a spatula making sure each floret is coated all over with the sauce.
- Spread the saucy cauliflower florets again on the same baking sheet in a single layer. Broil them in the preheated oven for another 20 minutes flipping them once halfway through.
- Serve the hot and saucy Buffalo cauliflower bites with ranch dip! Enjoy!